Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ESP basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slipknot229, Apr 11, 2001.

1. i was wondering if anyone has had any experience with esp five stringers (ie b-105 or b-205) i love the body/headstock and i was wondering if they've got good sound, playabiltiy, etc. i look for lots of treble and bass but NO MIDS in my sound for that rumble that has sort of a "twang" if you will...so basically i want an active EQ on the bass. thanks a lot.

2. i personally own an ESP 5 string F series. It's a great bass for the price tag on it. It's got the active EQ and it sounds real good. Definately one of the top low end basses.

3. If it was me, I'd try and get a B-304(305 in your case) in Honeyburst.
    [​IMG]
    Or an F-205:
    [​IMG]

These both have 3 band EQ's. Pity I can't get them in the UK :(

4. bass goddess

bass goddess

Apr 1, 2001
    scotland
    well now, that bass is pretty hot, almost as hot as my own bass

5. Which one?

6. bass goddess

bass goddess

Apr 1, 2001
    scotland
    the top red one definately, my bass is red also you know, but i cannot find a pictue of it anywhere on the internet!

7. Staindfan10

Staindfan10

Jan 20, 2001
    i've been looking at the ESP basses and i think want to buy one for my next bass ,sometime not to close though,they seem pretty sweet. the f series is cool but i just dont' think that that body is really something i'd want so i'd get b304
    ok i'm just rambling on now i'll stop
    oh and i got my Boss bass overdrive this week that is a sweet pedal

-Justin

8. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    IMHO the boss bass o.d.3 gets old after a while. I bought one a while ago, figuring I could use it for choruses in my old band... It wasn't very good at that.. When you turn the treble up you just get tons of clicking, even if your using a pick. And other than that it just sounds like playing through a bad amp. The only useful sound I got out of it was the pre-set effect the "Natural Overdrive" setting.
    And I don't even use it much at that...

9. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I understand that the F and B series have two volume controls instead of one volume and one balance. I tested one a while ago and found it to be slighty unfunctional. A balance control is much easier to handle, in my opinion.