1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ESP Craft House?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChrisCassisi, Feb 10, 2013.

1. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Just wondering if anyone else on here owns a ESP Craft House bass (or guitar) or played one. There is so little info out there and I am trying to get some more insight on the CH instruments. I own a gorgeous ESP CH bass that I will post pics and specs up soon here. Its is amazing quality and my go to 4 string.

2. Mr.Typhus

Mr.Typhus

Sep 14, 2004
    Finland
    Its the same place they make the custom shop instruments, right?
    I played one custom shop ESP Amaze bass and it felt incredible! Actually it was so good that I ordered (not custom) Amaze for myself too!

3. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    By what I have read the Craft House is above the custom shop. Like how Fender has the masterbuilts that are even higher than the custom shop. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. My bass plays and has higher quality construction than any custom shop I have seen.

4. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Are the ESP CH instruments that rare or are people just being shy here? lol

5. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA
  6. Abner

Abner

Jan 2, 2011
    Mississauga
    Thanks for the link, Chris. She's a beauty.

-Alex

ChrisCassisi likes this.
  7. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA

Thanks, Alex.

8. Chad T

Chad T

Feb 10, 2013
    Indiana
    The way I understand it, in recent years, the Kiso factory is where most of the more standardized Custom Shop stuff comes from. TH & CH were for more of the exotic, artistic builds. Instruments that are as much functional art pieces with amazing woodwork as they are functional instruments (see instruments that look like angels, swords, etc.). But the different shops worked together and would share work loads as needed. With that said, there was some consolidation in ESP Japan in the last year or so and I'm not sure how exactly that changed.

Whatever the case......instruments still have to be judge one-by-one, but on the whole whether an ESP is K, TH, or CH....it's an instrument that was built to a super-high standard and is likely a great instrument.

Enjoy!

9. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Mar 24, 2011
    San Jose, CA

Thanks for the info, Chad. My craft house has a solid flame maple body so I knew it was something special when I first picked it up. Never seen a body like that before. The sales person said it was a photo flame job that was typical of Japanese made basses. I know Fender Japan did that for awhile. The weight on my bass was much more than a typical bass with a flame top so I assumed my guess was right and it was solid. Once I got it home I took it apart. Inside the pickup and control cavities and neck pocket were it was bare I saw the figuring. It truly is an instrument of high quality.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014