1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ESP EC hollow body?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thingus995, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    saw exhumed to consume tour last year (Carcass) and admired Jeff Walker's bass from afar during the show... my current band is such that i can use my 4 string rather then my 5, and i prefer to do so for comfort reasons... now that ive been using the 4 more, im interested in a few different additional 4 strings, the main one being Jeff Walker's esp found here: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3539/3343381656_ff570e5597_m.jpg

was wondering if anyone knew anything about it? searching here and google yielded no results... thanks

2. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    nobody?

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I have seen the Les Paul LTDs on here before. Search on Google, I saw a few threads for TB and some other websites.

4. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    those are easy enough to find info on, but if you look closely, his appears to me to be a semi hollow... thats what makes it interesting ;)

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Could very easily be a custom shop.

6. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    that is regretfully what i was thinkin, but i thought id see if anyone on here more in the know than myself could confirm or deny that for sure

7. I know that ESP used to have an Eclipse Hollowbody as a standard guitar model, but I haven't seen a hollowbody bass apart from that one.

[​IMG]

000_0006-4.

8. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    interesting... perhaps he put bass hardware on one of those?

9. unlikely, the proportions would be wrong and the scale length incorrect. It is most likely an ESP custom.

10. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    well damn... anyone with esp custom shop experience?? btw exceptional beer that delirium, my favorite is the nocturnum

11. It is good stuff ;)

The ESP Custom Shop is VERY well regarded and they have built instruments for many famous players. I've only played one myself (a Les Paul copy with a spider web graphic finish) but it was better than any of the Gibsons I've played even if it looked a bit garish.

http://www.espguitars.com/customshop.html

12. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Yes, the REAL ESP custom shop is great, not the LTD foreign made line.

Recommended, but its gonna cost ya! ;)

13. Thingus995

Thingus995

May 30, 2008
    well hmm... now ive definitely got some thinkin to do, cause i most definitely want a backup 4 string (hell a new main 4 string and use my MIA jazz for backup lol) but the warmoth project ive built in my mind is also quite expensive (this thing will be incredible and honestly, like nothing ive seen before) and therefore i may have to pass on getting a full blown custom copy of someone else's bass made when ive got a pretty epic one with my own personality put into it planned... decisions decisions lol