ESP F204 or F205.. Anyone own one around here?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Magneto, Apr 23, 2004.

1. I FINALLY got my ESP F204 bass in today. Everything appears to be in excellent working condition. It's a b-stock.
    I did notice something kinda weird with the electronics though. Maybe a F204/F205 player could help.

When moving the pickup pan knob to the center (both) position, the volume level seems to be much lower than if I rotate it towards the neck or bridge pickups. I've already replaced the battery, just in case, but the one in there was fully charged.
    All of the EQ controls work great, the things sounds killer, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed the lower volume at center pickup position..

2. Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Hey bud,

mine does that too i think , i cant explain why though,
    it may not sound much lower but it is no doubt lower.
    do you think this is normal?
  3. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    That sounds like what happens when you wire up a simple and easy passive pickup blend control like I've done on my Mex Fender Jazz.

4. Hey people.. thanks for the replies.. It sounds like it is probably normal.. I didn't think I was having a problem, but I wanted to hear if anyone else had this volume drop on their bass, just in case their was something wrong with mine.