ESP F255

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Leinad, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Anybody tried one of these? I'm thinking about one, but I haven't heard enough about them to make a wise decision. Admitedly, the main reason is that I think the thing looks so sweet! :oops: :bag: What do those of you that've tried them think? Thanks,

2. ESP Eden

ESP Eden

Feb 9, 2004
    washington mo
    I've got a couple of older ESPs, and I love them all. I actually use my B 104 as my main jazz bass. I have the ta600, which is similar to the F255, and it is an awesome bass, with looks to match. The EMGs really cut through. The only downside is one of the little spike things kind of gets annoying after a while of sitting down, because it digs into your leg. Or maybe i have a fat leg.
  3. LOL, try playing an NJ Beast! I'll bet BC Rich never stopped to think that we SIT DOWN with our instruments sometimes :D

Just put a little piece of cloth over your leg and the spike won't dig in.
  4. Yeah, I was looking at the TA600 as well, but it's a bit out of my price range. I'm happy with the looks of of the F255, I don't want anything too over the top (see sig!). The EMGs are another big incentive, getting them would be sweet.
  5. Bump, anyone else played one?
  6. ESP F255? well, I just ordered mine last night :D So i should get it next week
  7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I have test driven it and I thought it was pretty sweet. Nice overall tone and nice playability. I would buy one but the version I want (Tom Araya) is just too expensive. Maybe one day.
  8. Thanks for the replies. Garrett, when you get yours, if you could shoot me a PM, just telling me how it is etc, it would be hugely appreciated!
  9. hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    Had the bolt-on version of this in a 4-string (LTD F-204), and as a result we're probably talking apples vs. oranges, but I'll throw my .02 anyway.......I really liked the design for what I was doing at the time. Playability was great, the instrument was very comfortable around the neck, sustain for a bolt-on was incredible and I thought the availability of tones was great. I no long have it. I would have kept it if I could have but I felt the need to add a 5-string to the arsenal and at the same time wanted with a more classic or let's say even generic as compared to the F204. As a result I traded it for a Spector Q5. Would have like to have kept it. I can only believe that with neck-thru construction, it's only gotten better. Good luck!