1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ESP GAS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheDepths, Jun 7, 2014.

1. TheDepths

TheDepths

Mar 4, 2014
    England
    Hello esteemed fellows of Talkbass,

Now, I'm not normally a fan of ESP's (normally a bit too 'metals' for me) but just came across one that's got me GASing.....anyone have experience with one? The specs are pretty good, does it play/sound as good as you'd think???

http://www.espguitars.com/products/9874-bb-4-sblk

Cheers,

Tom

2. bassbenj

bassbenj

Aug 11, 2009
    I feel your pain from ESP GAS! I own a 7 string ESP guitar that I positively love but didn't think much about ESP basses. And then I wandered into Sam Ash and just for grins tried a B206SM. Yikes! I need another 6er like a hole in the head. But...Spalted maple top! Best factory neck I ever played! Killer workmanship. Almost a perfect looks match to my Bass Mods 7 string bass. And just a tad over $400! I simply HAD to leave the store with it!

Did. Not sorry. ESP rules!

rtav and vmabus like this.
  3. No experience on that particular model but the high end stuff that ESP produces are top quality. I have one from the custom shop in japan.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkBass

4. I had a couple B-series basses that were pretty nice with active 3-band EQ's, but I sold them because I didn't like the thicker "D" style necks.

Don't know about the one you mentioned.

5. TheDepths

TheDepths

Mar 4, 2014
    England
    Thanks for the replies fellas, Solarmist...how thick is the 'D' neck?? I'm used to Jazz and Stingray necks would it feel like a bat?? I've checked and there doesn't seem to be anywhere stocking them in the UK so it's probably moot.....I'm interested in the pickup blend, bet you could get some interesting sounds.