1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ESP goes all aboard the Nordy train...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by calypsocoral302, Feb 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. So, it looks like ESP has brought out a new body style for the 2016 LTD lineup-- the "H-1000" series.

I'm guessing the name was supposed to pay homage to their "Horizon" arch-top solid-body double-cutaway guitars. The bass model shown below (photo from ESP's website) is also arch-top, double-cutaway, solid-body. The pickups are what raised my eyebrows-- Nordstrand Big Splits (inline-split-coil versions of the "Big Singles" and "Fat Stacks"). ESP lists all relevant specs except one-- string spacing. Mahogany body, burled maple top, 3-band EQ with a pair of mini-switches (the site doesn't say what they do), Honey Natural finish. I like the look-- "streamlined" a la Ibanez Soundgear, but still retains a more "muscular," or "burly" profile.

Has anyone encountered or tried one of these yet?

Street price appears to be around $1500.

xlarge.

2. Coreythebassman

Coreythebassman Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Hot Bass! maybe frequency selectors on the mini switches?

3. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Coil tap? Mid-freq? Active/passive?

4. grimmchaos

grimmchaos Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Albany, NY
    I personally like that headstock a lot better than what they put on most of their non-vintage styled basses.

5. I don't think the pickups are 4 conductors, which narrows it down to the other two.