Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ESP LTD 405

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by warwick666320, Sep 3, 2004.

1. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    What are your thoughts on this bass.
    I've been looking around for a 5-stringer (or a better amp CAN'T DECIDE!). I will be playing metal mostly but want it to be versatile for other things in the future should they arise. Well if any of you have played/own this bass can you share your thoughts on it?
    Thanks in advance.

Oh I forgot is this a good bass for the money or are there better out there at the same price or lower even?

2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    They aren't too bad, nothing special though. For metal, they're great (if you use a pick).. But for other forms of music, I wouldn't recommend them too highly ;)

3. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    I got an ESP as my first bass. Although metal seems to be where they shine the most and what they are used fot the most, I have to say that I got a lot for my buck. For the $400 I spent on it, it sound increadible, and they can be used for other styles successfully- anything from jazz, to metal, to slap, to, my favorite, worship...anything. How much does that model go for about?

4. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    It's $700 on Music 123 at the moment.
    Here are the specs form ESP website.

Construction: Neck-thru-body
    Scale: 34”
    Body: Mahogany w/quilted maple top
    Neck/Fretboard: 5-pc. maple-walnut/rosewood
    Inlays: Dots w/model name at 12th Fret
    Pickups: EMG 40-DC/P4 active set
    Electronics: Volume, balance, EMG B64 active EQ
    Hardware: Cosmo black, Grover tuners
    Bridge: BB-105 string-thru-body
    Binding: None
    Frets: 24 XJ

Thanks guys for the responses, still havent decided yet though.