1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ESP LTD 405

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by warwick666320, Sep 3, 2004.

1. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    What are your thoughts on this bass.
    I've been looking around for a 5-stringer (or a better amp CAN'T DECIDE!). I will be playing metal mostly but want it to be versatile for other things in the future should they arise. Well if any of you have played/own this bass can you share your thoughts on it?
    Thanks in advance.

Oh I forgot is this a good bass for the money or are there better out there at the same price or lower even?

2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    They aren't too bad, nothing special though. For metal, they're great (if you use a pick).. But for other forms of music, I wouldn't recommend them too highly ;)

3. Worshiper

Worshiper

Aug 13, 2004
    New York
    I got an ESP as my first bass. Although metal seems to be where they shine the most and what they are used fot the most, I have to say that I got a lot for my buck. For the $400 I spent on it, it sound increadible, and they can be used for other styles successfully- anything from jazz, to metal, to slap, to, my favorite, worship...anything. How much does that model go for about?

4. warwick666320

warwick666320

May 27, 2004
    It's $700 on Music 123 at the moment.
    Here are the specs form ESP website.

Construction: Neck-thru-body
    Scale: 34”
    Body: Mahogany w/quilted maple top
    Neck/Fretboard: 5-pc. maple-walnut/rosewood
    Inlays: Dots w/model name at 12th Fret
    Pickups: EMG 40-DC/P4 active set
    Electronics: Volume, balance, EMG B64 active EQ
    Hardware: Cosmo black, Grover tuners
    Bridge: BB-105 string-thru-body
    Binding: None
    Frets: 24 XJ

Thanks guys for the responses, still havent decided yet though.