ESP LTD B-204 flood rehab !

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by braud357, Dec 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. braud357

braud357

Jul 1, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    1. ESP LTD B-204 bass guitar rehab !
    2. I recently purchased this bass guitar from my friend Ty Parker. The initial problem was that the neck was cracked near the headstock due to a fall. Then, the flood of 2016 flooded Ty's home - the bass was sitting on a bed, and although the bass was never submerged, it sustained heavy damage from humidity. The tuners were also missing, and the bridge, electronics, and every screw were either rusted or corroded. I decided to repair the neck fir...st, because if this could not be fixed - the rest was a moot point ! The crack and separation was clean and I initially was going to clamp, glue, and drill and install wooden dowels for strength. I decided to just glue it, and the repair appears to be stable. Almost every screw was broken trying to remove them. The bridge was so corroded that a replacement had to be found. I tried to clean up the EMG electronics - the pickups checked out fine, but the EMG preamp did not survive the humidity. A new EMG preamp was $180 - so I decided to find a less expensive alternative. After some research I decided on a Tone Monster preamp. The pickup connector plugs were also corroded beyond repair, so they were ordered from EMG. I finally got everything installed and set-up, and the bass plays and sounds fine. The case was included but was water damaged - I have not decided if I will devote the time and effort to repair it. The pictures show the damaged parts and also the finished product. I think that it came out pretty well !

Attached Files:

digmeout likes this.