Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman1185, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Anybody tried one? I'm looking into getting a six string, and I work a guitar shop where we deal ESPs, so I can get one for a pretty good price. It's either that or a Dean Edge 6, (the necks on those are way too thin for my taste) and Ibanez 6ers (I've never liked the soundgears and the BTBs aren't so much what I'm looking for in my next bass). I haven't been able to play one yet is the only problem. How wide is the neck? It looks in the pictures to be medium-wide string spacing, which would be ideal for me. How is the playability and sound? How tight is the B string? Any input would be appreciated.
  2. Bump.

Anybody have any experience with the B-205, either?
  3. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I don't have any experience with either of the basses you mentioned, but I am a huge ESP fan. I think if you decided to pick one up, you wouldn't be disappointed. ESP's beat the crap out of Dean and Ibanez any day. Good luck.
  4. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    Man, it seems like you are in the excact same situation as me; looking for a nice, affordable 6-stringer.

I've played the ESP B206, but i found it too... lame sounding. No special character to the sound, very generic overall. As for me, i've decided to save up some money and get a Jon Shuker Custom ;). At about 1500 British punds for my "dream" bass, it's pretty affordable in my opinion!

Good luck!
  5. 73jbass

Apr 17, 2004
    I think I's wait till they get better bridges put on them. I got one of the first 206"s about a year and a half ago, and the back of the bridge started to bend right at the rear mounting screws. The screw holes are located at the thinnest part of the bridge.I asked about getting a new bridge,but since it's out of warranty,they said I have to buy a new one. I asked them that if that's the case,am I going to have to buy a new bridge every year and a half? I haven't gotten a response back from that yet. I managed to get the bridge straight again,but it will just bend in the same spot.I'm probably going to wind up selling it. And you can only bend metal so many times before it finally fails. I'd ask about their bridge problems before I buy one of their basses. For a little more money you can get an Ibanez 506 with Bartolinis.I've seen other ESP basses with the same problem. They need to get their customer service in shape too. Good luck!