ESP/Ltd B-50 For A Back-Up?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGod, Jan 29, 2006.

1. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I was thinking it might be a good idea to buy a back-up bass. One that I don't need to worry about when playing at parties, and something passive so there's no worries about batteries dying on stage. And I was thinking of the Ltd B-50, which can be seen at the bottom of this website. It goes for $179 at Music123.

So is this a good choice for a back-up?

2. Riku

Dec 27, 2005
  3. BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Never played or seen one in person, but it is sure a good looking bass with nice lines. I like the Black finish.
  4. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    For the quality is good IMO. If you want a bass that you can throw around (well, not literally) and not worry about electronics going out on you or anything like that, then you found the right bass. I play a LTD B304 NT that i've never had any problems with. Can't say this B-50 will last as long as mine but I think ESP/LTD is a truly underrated company. They did have a problem with one of their bridges on the F models...I think they sorted it out though.

FWIW :)

5. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks for the help everyone. I'll be picking on up for sure.

AuG: I agree about ESP being underrated. My B-2005 is a great bass. I hope to purchase an ESP custom some day.

I was thinking of starting a thread for us ESP players, but I fear there's not enough of us here!

6. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I love my ESP basses. They have been nothing short of fantastic. I have a B-50 and a C-304 and I don't think I'll ever part with them. I have a serious GAS problem for a B-404, too.
  7. Well I own a B-55 which is jsut one string more and its an absolutly amazing bass I recommend both of them anyday