1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ESP/Ltd B-50 For A Back-Up?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGod, Jan 29, 2006.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I was thinking it might be a good idea to buy a back-up bass. One that I don't need to worry about when playing at parties, and something passive so there's no worries about batteries dying on stage. And I was thinking of the Ltd B-50, which can be seen at the bottom of this website. It goes for $179 at Music123.

So is this a good choice for a back-up?

Thanks,
    Graeme

2. Riku

Riku

Dec 27, 2005
    Yes.

3. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Never played or seen one in person, but it is sure a good looking bass with nice lines. I like the Black finish.

4. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    For the price...build quality is good IMO. If you want a bass that you can throw around (well, not literally) and not worry about electronics going out on you or anything like that, then you found the right bass. I play a LTD B304 NT that i've never had any problems with. Can't say this B-50 will last as long as mine but I think ESP/LTD is a truly underrated company. They did have a problem with one of their bridges on the F models...I think they sorted it out though.

FWIW :)

AuG

5. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks for the help everyone. I'll be picking on up for sure.

AuG: I agree about ESP being underrated. My B-2005 is a great bass. I hope to purchase an ESP custom some day.

I was thinking of starting a thread for us ESP players, but I fear there's not enough of us here!

Graeme

6. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I love my ESP basses. They have been nothing short of fantastic. I have a B-50 and a C-304 and I don't think I'll ever part with them. I have a serious GAS problem for a B-404, too.

7. Well I own a B-55 which is jsut one string more and its an absolutly amazing bass I recommend both of them anyday