1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ESP LTD BASSES your opinion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan Bass, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Can anyone out there tell me their experience with these Basses mostly the F-415FM and B-415SM, thanks..

2. Dash Lashes

Dash Lashes Banned

Feb 20, 2015
    after extensive research, i could have had any bass at any price, i chose an ltd d-6 and bought it. it is perfect for me. i couldnt believe the setup it had on it out of the box from zzounds. bridge and pickips are being replaced in the future as funds allow. fit and finish are equal to, actually nicer than my 1980 Rickenbacker 4001 right out of the box from fed ex! one of the nicest bass experiences in my 20 years doing bass. LTD for LIFE! I plan on buying an LTD again.

TN WOODMAN likes this.
  3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm an LTD fan too. Squier killer. Necks feel great, I love my PJ.

TN WOODMAN and jg42 like this.
  4. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    my bass tone can beat up your dad's bass tone.
    i play a f 415 in my church group. got a great shot last night

Behemoth-Orion.

[​IMG]

ESP/LTD make killer basses.

5. Orion \m/
    I have an ESP LTD B-206SM (just got it actually) Loving it so far. Might change pickups and preamp but she plays great.

6. jg42

jg42

Jul 12, 2012
    Toronto
    Happy with my vintage-214... For the price that is. Pickups are somewhat disappointing, but only because I'm picky. Hard to find alder body and very good neck for this price.

TN WOODMAN likes this.
  7. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    I have a B-205SM, very very nice.

basslifter likes this.
  8. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    That's why I like the F-415FM AND B-415SM they have the active EMG40DC pickups except the B-415SM has a 40P5 neck pickup still active though

9. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    The F-415FM in the first pic is the one I'm getting, when you play just the neck pickup is it real warm and fat sounding?because I like my neck pickup to be like an inch away from the last fret, when I get my F-415 I'm thinking of putting an active EMG 40CS in front of the 40DC and hooking them together as one badass neck pickup with an extra 9volt battery making an ESP LTD F-415FM Bass with a 40DC bridge pickup, 40DC and 40CS neck pickup with 27volt active electronics and if the EMG B-64 3BAND PREAMP is not good enough which I think will be, I will get the ACTIVE EMG BQS 18V SYSTEM that has the stacked mid boost/cut, mid freq select knob, that will be one BADASS F-415 CUSTOM 27volt ACTIVE 3-BAND EQ BASS PLUGGED INTO MY MESA BOOGIE STRATEGY 8:88 HEAD..

PawleeP likes this.
  10. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    What pickups and preamp are you getting? I want the ACTIVE EMG 40DC HUMBUCKERS with the ACTIVE 18v EMG BQS 3- BAND EQ SYSTEM..

Dash Lashes likes this.
  11. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    If you get new pickups what would be your choice?

12. Volkov

Volkov

Oct 20, 2014
    UK/RU
    I've got B-1005, before buying it I played loads of basses in the same price range (around £1100) Ibanez, Fender, Lakland, Spector etc and the LTD was the best of the bunch, great sounding EMG pickups, perfectly balanced without a strap, low action without buzzing. Can't go wrong with LTD imo, even the cheaper B205 is a great bass.

13. Neveragain55

Neveragain55

Mar 19, 2014
    Connecticut
    I own a Midnight Purple B-104 that I bought used from a pawn shop for $100.00 bucks.

I had the action & neck professionally set up, and I put D'Addario medium gauge nickels on her…..

Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God what a bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESP & the ESP LTD line of basses have to be the most overlooked, underrated basses out there and they’re KILLER.

I bought a ESP LTD B-4E neck-thru a few months after I got the B-104 and I just can’t see buying or playing anything else for the rest of my life other than ESP basses.

I think that’s what led me to start the thread: “Why Fender”

Which I now realize was sacrilege in this forum, and I shall never make the mistake of asking any questions about anything Fender again because folks in here get waaaaay too sensitive over it.

Any ESP (in my humble opinion) is head & shoulders above most other bass manufacturers out there, seriously…….

14. I almost bought a b205sm. Very comfortable player, but I went with G&L instead as it was more pronounced in the mix. Got my eye on a used 206 though.
    Replace electronics and you are super solid.

15. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Yeah, there is always something about a G&L nice fat sound, if you got active EMG40DC pickups on that 206 and played just the neck pickup with the mid boost up a decent amount it will cut through big and fat like that G&L.

16. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Also does your F-415 Bass cut through the mix like a big fat fender P Bass? Do you have to turn the mid boost up a lot on your F-415 to cut through or is it kind of skinny sounding? I really hope not, because I will ad that extra ACTIVE EMG PICKUP at the neck, GRRRRRR! pain in the ass to have to mod Bass guitars so you can be happy with them....

17. I have an older F-204 that is absolutely killer. It was my first bass and I still choose it over many other more expensive basses that I own. The HZ electronics aren't the best out there, but the neck, man, it's my favorite neck I've ever played. Drop some 35DC's in it and BOOM!

Dan Bass likes this.
  18. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I loved the P but not the J and I didn't think they played that we'll together. I put in a Bartolini set, which is great. I also replaced the pots w Fender pots and wired it like a standard P/J, which also really opened it up. There was strange/excessive stock wiring going on.

jg42 likes this.
  19. danosix

danosix

May 30, 2012
    Those specific models I can't say, but the line in general is very good quality and excellent value for money. Even doing very "metal-ish" things and "reliced" vintage style - neither of which does it for me, I have been tempted by their line on several occasions and, if I had to predict my next purchase (it never works out the way I plan - 'cause I'm cheap and buy used and so am at the mercy of "what-comes-up-when") I'd say my NEXT bass is the B208FM - their phenominal 8 string based on the 200 series which is the best value in an 8-string today IMHO*.
    *I actually hesitate to say IMHO in this case 'cause it happens to be the CHEAPEST easily-had 8 string out there, but the overall quality and features is actually better than its competitors which are, though also nice, $100-200 more.

Braden Persch likes this.
  20. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    That's awesome! I like to hear about people making their Bass guitars better, not getting rid of them, any Bass guitar with good wood body quality neck is a decent Bass, add very nice hardware, pickups and electronics then you got an awesome keeper of a Bass....

Scooberto likes this.