1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ESP LTD BASSES your opinion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan Bass, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Well it is a 6 string, I have noticed a Bass that was real light plucked the E string fairly hard and you can feel the whole Bass wiggle, sounded decent, and when I played a Bass that had a solid body (mahogany) and hard rock maple neck the only thing that moved at all was the strings and it felt so much smoother and sounded way better, better sustain, when you pluck a string it does not have that quick little jolt you feel from a body and neck that gives way a little bit a I hate that feeling, also a heavier Bass use a 4" wide strap some got padding on the shoulder helps out a lot nothing like feeling comfortable on long jams..

2. PullThePlug

PullThePlug

Jan 8, 2014
    Sacramento
    I have both a B series and F series (in five string versions), and they're both very, very comfortable. The F series has a very slim and easy neck, it has a familiar slim and smooth feel of some Ibanez Soundgear necks, but it's still a little different.

I happen to enjoy both ESP LTD and Ibanez Soundgear basses though, YMMV.

3. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Beautiful Bass, man I am so close to getting one of these love the spalted maple, the one I want is just like that but has the neck thru and ACTIVE EMG PICKUPS the B-415SM and the one and only thing stopping me is that it is only a 34" scale 5-string, that's why I'm getting the F-415fm I really want to have a 5-string Bass that is 35" scale with ACTIVE EMG 40DC HUMBUCKERS. You really do have one killer looking Bass....

mark beem likes this.
  4. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Sweet, I love getting new stuff for my Bass guitars....

5. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    That's what I'm talkin about, AGREED!!

6. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Yeah I hear you loud and clear on that one...

7. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    I have an IBANEZ SR 600 gloss black solid ash body and it had passive P J pickups and I put 2 CARVIN MADE IN THE U.S.A. HB4 DOUBLE HUMBUCKERS in it and the 18volt 505S ICON ACTIVE/PASSIVE 3-BAND EQ in it, those are the huge monster MUSIC MAN style pickups that Bass is frickin sweet and I am not getting rid of that one, ever....

PullThePlug likes this.
  8. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Every body is changing the pickups and preamps on just about all these Basses, that's why I'm getting the ESP LTD BASS GUITARS THAT HAVE THE NECK THRU WITH ACTIVE EMG 40DC HUMBUCKERS, you get one of those Bass guitars and your done 700 some dollors comes with everything and it's less money, you get a bass for $400-$600 and you get pickups and preamp that's about 300 some dollars more now that's a $700 to 900 some dollar Bass that you have to do work on....

9. I have owned 2 B-206's and a couple LTD guitars as well....IMHO LTD is well underrated for their quality. I have played several different series of LTD basses and they all felt solid and felt like they were worth a lot more that what you would pay for them.

10. True, however there are no 35' neck thru 6 strings w/ active EMG's in the LTD line...

11. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    I feel the same way, ESP LTD did a pretty good 2015 NAMM SHOW SEE ON UTUBE.

Thumpinshelton likes this.
  12. Bodhammer

Bodhammer

Feb 26, 2015
    Albuquerque
    My B-50 is my first real bass and I love it! It is well balanced in both weight and tone. Wicked fast neck, and built like a tank. I doubt I will ever get rid of it as it only cost me $140 and still had the protective wrap on it. I really feel like I stole it...

13. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    I did not know this, that is kind of mest up, a company like that that makes 4,5,6,8, string Basses and then they fall short on doing the same thing with the 6 stringers, things that make you go HMMMMM...

14. DavC

DavC Supporting Member

May 17, 2005
    Tallmadge , Ohio
    I had one of these for a while ... ESP LTD Deluxe " J-1005 " ... tried to like it , but didn't feel or sound right for me ... neck shape was a pick thick and to much of a V shape , ... body was pretty, but weighed a ton ... binding was nice ... frets needed lots of work ( surprising for an upper line MIK ) ... changed out pups and electronics ... not a big EMG fan ... for similar money , I like my used Warmoth much better ,.. really love the deluxe J 5 neck asymmetrical shape ... YMMV 070612 011.

Dan Bass likes this.
  15. BeardedFrog

BeardedFrog

Nov 15, 2014
    Las Vegas
    I have a b204 as my main bass, and I love it. It's very high quality, especially considering the price range, and it is easily the smoothest, most comfortable instrument I have ever owned. Personally, I give LTD a glowing recommendation to anybody who isn't looking to spend $1500 on a bass.

16. I had an LTD B105 see through black finish bass about 9 years ago and I loved it. I did eventually swap the pickups for a set of Seymour Duncan Basslines and couldn't believe the growl that thing put out. The stock pickups were good but the Basslines were much better. Since then I've only found a couple of LTD's that I wasn't crazy about but they weren't enough to make me snub the brand. I dig'em!

17. spanndrew

spanndrew

Oct 14, 2013
    Atlanta, Ga
    How do you like it? I've always wanted one.

18. Fingerpickingood

Fingerpickingood

Oct 30, 2014
    Texas
    Man, you folks are kinda making me wanna jump ship from Schecter, hahaha.

Dan Bass and Scooberto like this.
  19. I dont own one but Im tempted to get one though..this is what I think of them ESP LTD's ....take a listern :D

son_of_mogh likes this.
  20. bluntmonk

bluntmonk

Jan 1, 2015
    My first real bass was an ESP B-50. I think that the J pickup sounds pretty decent, but the P pickup sounds very thin. The neck felt pretty good, and it was a good player once I had it set up properly. I dropped it a bunch of times, and besides some nicks to the finish it held up.

Definitely the ugliest bass I have ever owned.