1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ESP LTD BASSES your opinion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan Bass, Mar 5, 2015.

1. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    They are both about the same quality I think. I've had 2 Schecters, and they were both really nice. I slightly prefer the LTD necks though on feel. On my P/J it is 40mm, which is an in between width of a P and a Jazz, it's unique and very comfortable.

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Now, that's a bass player.

3. And he is playing a esp ltd 206 sm

4. Dash Lashes

Dash Lashes Banned

Feb 20, 2015
    I was strongly considering schecter, like really close; then when I actually put my money down, it was for for an ESP/LTD. I might want a schecter in the future, but when that time comes, i'll probably just buy another LTD:D:D:bassist:

5. gnarlyWarlock

gnarlyWarlock

Dec 23, 2014
    Lol I actually agree, I do love myself heavier basses as well. I tried a T40 recently and loved it, wasnt disturbed by the weight that much (although I didnt exactly stand playing it for hours on end).

6. Dash Lashes

Dash Lashes Banned

Feb 20, 2015
    i prefer passive pickups, and plan on hand winding a custom set for my LTD D6.
    The best "drop ins", (for onboard pre) that i have found, are these ones:

A link to them at a store: Glockenklang Pre

Do a TB search for them too!

JGbassman likes this.
  7. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    ESP/LDT makes nice inexpensive basses. I've tried their higher end 1004 model and was unimpressed; it had no character in the mix at all. However I love my TA-600, which is a hotrodded F414 even thought it really isn't very flexible tone wise.
    I like the profiles of their necks, the weight is usually pretty light, and the older models used to have EMG pickups. Good metal basses. Their vintage series may be a little more forgiving for people playing less aggressive music.

8. Fingerpickingood

Fingerpickingood

Oct 30, 2014
    Texas
    I have a Schecter Omen Extreme 4 which I absolutely love. I also have a Raiden Special 5 that I'm trading for an Ibanez Soundgear four string and some cash. I'm just not a five string guy. The Omen is an awesome bass with good stock active pickups and a very fast neck. I'm gonna have to go check out some LTDs now, though...

9. At first I wasn't to fond of it as my wife gave it to me as a surprise Christmas present the year I got married, but the more I play it, the more I love it.

I try to use it in every situation and the only time it doesn't work is with the country band I used to play with :p

Its very trebly and the preamp is very responsive for stock. The window is there for upgrades (EMG 40s and or what ever size drop in and a never ending array of pre amps) but the neck is very sturdy and it barely moves, I just gave it a 1/4 turn so it stays in low med action. The slap tone is killer. One thing I do like its the stock Cleartone strings, as they are coated, they last way longer than the old SIT's they used to come with.

10. GastonD

GastonD

Nov 18, 2013
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I tried a couple of LTD's and liked them quite much, but the new ones are overpriced here in Serbia, while the used ones offered are few and far between. Be as it may, I always keep my eyes on them...

11. spanndrew

spanndrew

Oct 14, 2013
    Atlanta, Ga

Awesome! One of these days I may finally pull the trigger on one.

12. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Fender fmt deluxe glockenklang 3-band preamp demo on UTUBE..

13. SteveV74

SteveV74 Banned

Jul 24, 2012

14. Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson

Nov 19, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    I've never owned an Ltd bass, but from my experience trying them in the store, it would be a top choice if I ever decided to get a brand new bass. I do have an Ltd guitar though and it is great! Ltd seems to have decent quality for the price as opposed to more popular brands.

15. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Try Musicians Friend (800 217-5207 toll free and good low prices on brand new stuff, call them and ask if they ship to you...

Fingerpickingood likes this.
  16. skruch

skruch

Jul 16, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Confess I did not read the whole thread. How about their short scales?

17. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    I AGREE DAM RIGHT!!!! I take care of my Basses before I put them up, but when I'm jammin I can really start clanging and beating the strings like drum set, I almost got a T-shirt made one day that said "BEAT THE BASS LIKE THE DRUMS" and when I start clankin that Bass doing some IRON MAIDEN & OVERKILL that's exactly what I do....

tastybasslines likes this.
  18. My guitarist sold one PRS and both of his original EVH Wolfgangs to go all-in with LTD (+ some crazy vintage tube studio gear we wanted).
    I'm seriously trying to get at least one LTD despite being All-Ibanez for over 35 years.

Problem is, finding one to test-drive around here isn't easy.
    Always seem to miss them by a day or two.

19. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    What are they hard to find where your at?explain more, and what ESP LTD Bass would you be testing, and would it be to keep and start using or what?

20. Dan Bass

Dan Bass Banned

May 26, 2014
    Virginia Beach.
    Anavar, I really want to get one of these F-415FM BASS GUITARS,I have asked you a couple of really important questions for me about this Bass guitar, can you answer them would really appreciate it?