Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by axman, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Does anybody have one of them or have played one. The reason im asking is Im thinking of tradeing in my NIKKI SIXX BLACKBIRD on one at the local music shop in a few days. And they dont have one in stock for me to try. Just would like some feed back good or bad on the C -305. Didnt find anything on them when I did a search.
  2. phoenixdown

Oct 17, 2002
    i havent played either but id say keep the sixx coz as far as i know its a limited editon aint it?although if im wrong id still say keep the sixx but if u really dont like it u wont enjoy playing it and if u dont enjoy playing yer instrument then u wont get any better and you wont practice much
  3. I just happen to stumble onto the SIXX and have been playing it now for about 2 weeks and im finding out its not real comfortable for me. The neck seems to be thicker than what im used to witch makes it kind of awkward to play to me anyway. So i dont feel it will get used very much if at all. But thanks for the advice.:)
  4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The Gibson is worth a good amount of money.

I recommend chaking eBay to see what kind of price they are selling for before you get rid of it. If nothing else, you can sell it there.

5. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yeah I got one. Have had it for over a year now, and I love it. Just a great quality low-priced neck-through 5-string. Rare to find at that price and quality, if you ask me. Koreans have done some big changes in their production techniques and apparently its working.

Check out my full review of it here:
  6. Seen two on ebay one selling for $900.00 no bids. The other one $700.00 one bid. New c-305 $665.00
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I think Ive seen them go for around $900 before, but I really havent looked at the price of these in a while.

The only reason I mention that you should look is that you should be able to do better than a straight trade. At the very least, some new strings and a strap with locks should come out of this deal.

8. Yeh, I was thinking the same thing two sets of strings some strap locks, tee shirt and hard shell case if it dont come with one. Im hopeing the C-305 is as comfortable to play as my F204 is.
  9. Dose anyone else have any input on the C-305?
  10. Another quick question on the C-305. Would this bass be a all around good bass for all types of music? I play alot of types of music from slayer to alman brothers.
  11. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yes it would. I just got one about a week ago and I play different types of music...mostly alterna pop. The bass has completely changed my mind about Korean manufacturing. It is a rock solid, great feeling, playing and sounding bass. Get one but don't trade your Niki Sixx model for it. Hold on to that!