1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ESP LTD ex-104/ax-104

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VonII, Jun 7, 2011.

1. VonII

VonII

Jun 7, 2011
    Belgium
    I'm really doubting which one to go for. The thing is, I live in Belgium, and these guitars are nowhere to get, so I have to import them from Germany. No problem, but I can't actually test them..

I like both the ex-104 and the ax-104. I was going to get a BC Rich warlock at first, but they're really hard to get, and the cheaper models just suck (I played the bronce series). I really love these pointy metal basses, I also play metal, currently in a heavy metal band which is kinda going slow, but soon in a trash band with a lot of potential. That aside, I really want to get either the ex or ax.

They both have the same pick ups and hardware, it's only body shape that differs. And oh, the thing that is so sad... the ex only has 20 frets, while I really enojy having 24 frets, like on my current cheap Jack&Danny. (Mine has all black hardware and stuff, looks way cooler than the pic shown.)

Basically, I'd get the ex over the ax, but the 20 frets thing is holding me back. Also, I think an ex looks wicked, just look at hetfield playing any explorer, his ESP Snakebyte, his Gibson Explorer, his ESP explorer,... But I don't know if this exact ESP LTD model is as cool. :p