Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ESP LTD F-205?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PollyBass, Dec 23, 2002.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hey there, i was looking to do the deap thing and get a 5 in case i ever needed it. i play in mostly metal bands. one of them is thinking of switching over to a 7 stringer. I know i know, this ESP is just all looks.... or is it? anyone ever play on of these? any idea on how much a "Real" esp one would cost? Does it have any good tone? what are it's (or LTD's) weak spots? is it worth the money? and come on.... if the sound justified the price..... the thing looks tastfully KILLER.

[​IMG]

2. Nova

Nova

Apr 19, 2002
    Williamstown, WV
    I played an F-204 and thought it sounded great. I'd imagine that the F-205 is just as great....

3. I have owned the F-205 for a couple of years now and have been playing it in my metal band H2S. I have never had too many problems with it especially considering the price. I have yet to see many other basses that screeeam the metal look like this one. I have goten quite a bit of positive feedback from other players that have picked up my bass, so I would have to say that I do recommend it for anyone looking for an affordable 5-string metal axe. :bassist:

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And only 2 years late!

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I wouldn't bother worrying about getting the "Real" ESP. LTDs standards seem to be just as good. Heck, if you look, alot of LTDs are neck through bodies, whilest ESPs are bolt-ons. I play an ESP M-IV (MIJ) and a LTD B-405. Both basses are stunning. I wish the B-405 was mine (I play it 3 times a week for my band, but it's not mine :() and am actually saving up for one. If you are really THAT picky over what name is on it, there used to be a way to get to ESPs old site and do the online custom quote thing. Looks like you have to go to a dealer now though. You can figure on adding an extra 0 on the left side of the decimal for it though...at least.
    Ray

6. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    I own the F-204. I love it to bits.
    I imagine the F-205 to be the same.

good tone

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
  8. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    the first post is dated december 2002.

9. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Meh, does it matter? It never seemed to come to any conclusion..so why not see if he's still floating around? :D if it's dead, then so be it...(and I think that was Brendan's point anyway).
    Ray