1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ESP LTD F250 Guitar Anybody?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hactar, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Hactar

Hactar

Sep 25, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    So, I have the opportunity to purchase an LTD F250 for fairly cheap.

Specs here:The ESP Guitar Company :: LTD Standard Guitars - F Series
    (Discontinued 2010)

Basically, I've started playing guitar when I'm not playing bass.
    My guitar right now is an Ibanez GRX40, which I like, except it could be nicer, and I really want a floating trem.

Lately I've been looking for something like an Ibanez RG270 or cheap Jackson.
    However, this guitar showed up on Craigs and I'm sorely tempted.

Basically, my requirements are as follows: 24 frets, floating trem, bridge 'bucker, fast neck.
    It seems that the F250 meets these.
    So, what do you think? Good guitar?

Oh, does anyone have an opinion about the floyd on this guitar?
    (I think it's a Floyd Rose Special).

Have a most wonderful day :hyper:

2. I would advise against a floating trem unless you really need it for the type of music you play. Obviously if your crankin out some Van Halen, then you probably need the thing. They are an absolute pain in the butt to work with though.

Having said that, I have nothing against LTD. I've never seen that one in particular but most of the LTD I've seen is pretty decent stuff for the money.

3. Hactar

Hactar

Sep 25, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    Yeah, I know floating trems are a pain, but I love the sound.
    And yeah, Van Halen is perhaps some of what I'm after.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    If you must have a floating trem, you HAVE to have a Tremol-No. They are amazing. And I have one for sale :)

5. Porkbun

Porkbun

Mar 10, 2010
    Stamford, CT
    A cheap neck through guitar with FR? Go for it! Ive owned the F-200 (ended up defretting that. pics in the sig.) and an F-2e. The only problem with both of them was that I wasnt skilled enough to play them. Neither my guitarist, nor me has had problems with floating trems, and they are nowhere near as bad as Rickenbacker Bass bridges to setup. :eyebrow: