Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ESP LTD TA-500 (tom araya signature) any good?...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DethLorD T_T, Jan 10, 2002.

1. ... well ive owned two ESP's (F-205 and B-205) and i really like them, and i was interested in getting this bass, but its just i would have to get one ordered and wouldnt be able to check it out first... has anyone here got one or played on one before?

if you have then i would REALLY appreciate some feedback on this, whats it like, is it any good???

heres the ESP website page for it:
    http://www.espguitars.com/html/ta_ltdta500.html

TIA,

Deth :)

2. somebody... anybody... surely out of all the people on here someone's played it before! :(

3. leper

leper

Jun 21, 2001
    ....its pointy.....

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It must rule, then!

5. leper

leper

Jun 21, 2001
    ...my thoughts exactly...

in all seriousness ive played one...blech...if you want a bass that looks like its meant to be rocked out with get a tbird, a pick, and an ampeg

6. thunderbird... pick... hmm... no thanks...

you said you had played it, what does it sound like, does it play well?

7. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
  8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I am not sure. I just remembered there was a thread about Tom's signature ESP awhile back and I located it for you. If you're really that interested in it, find an ESP dealer in your area and inquire about it. They may have one there for you to try already. If they don't have one and they're not good enough to order it for you to try out without you having to pay for it, walk out and shop somewhere else!

When Ibanez first introduced their EDA series basses, I was interested in trying one out. I went to my city's local Ibanez supermarket and asked about them. I was told, "We don't have any in stock yet. If you want us to order one for you, we can, but you need to be sure you're going to buy it before we order it." Hello? Does that make any sense on their part? "I want to try this thing out, but you won't let me try it until I actually pay for it? What happens if I pay for it, you order it and I hate the thing? Are you gonna charge me a restocking fee or a special order fee or some other kind of we-just-screwed-you-out-of-your-hard-earned-money fee?"

Sorry, I'm ranting now...

9. not really... well a little... but i get youre point. theres none of them in the conntry apparently so i guess ill have to look at something else...

so... whats a good bass for metal? ive been into ESP and Jackson but im after something a little better now... my price range is about $1000-1500 US ... any ideas?

10. Spector Europe Series www.spectorbass.com
    Dean Edge Improv www.deanguitars.com

Spector has been tabbed as the "heavy metal bass". Many heavy metal players from Rex Brown (Pantera) to David Ellefson (Megadeth) use Spector basses for recording even though some endorse another manufacturer in which they use live.

The Dean Edge Improv is similar in tone to the Spector but for less $$$

11. nice... i think that spector is the way im going to go... thanks for the advice :)

12. hehe, I've seen my share of that crap.

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

And great advice it is. The Spector might not be as pointy looking as an ESP or Jackson, but they have the perfect tone for aggressive music, and are awesome basses too!

14. Good decision! My recommendation would be the new "mean" green finish that Bassman 2000 just ordered!!!

15. im deciding over either the green or the blue... i cant decide!! :p