1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available ESP Phoenix Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Basspounder, Aug 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Basspounder

Basspounder Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Price:
    $675.00
    Strings:
    I purchased this Awesome ESP (Made in Japan) Bass on 11/25/12 and it has lived most of its live in the case so it needs a new home. This Bass has great tone and is a monster but it is just not for me anymore. The bass is very clean except for some belt buckle rash on the back of it nothing through the clear coat or paint and since it is black it does not come through on the photos. The other thing is that the original owner removed the made in japan grey sticker from the head stock of the bass other than that is in very good condition. The bass is in the same condition as when I received it with the belt buckle rash and the grey sticker missing. The bass comes with all the case candy and the original ESP hardshell case. Shipping is included in the asking price and no trades please making room to walk. PayPal only for payment and I ship in the U.S. only. Reasonable offers will be consider and thank you for looking.

Here is some info:

This is a highest quality ESP JAPAN bass. Not to be confused with the LTD series made in China, this here is the real Japanese ESP Phoenix Bass.

It has all desirable features that many other hi-end basses don't even have - like maple neck-thru with mahogany body, thin U-shape neck profile, EBONY fretboard, EMG USA active pickups, Gotoh Japan tuners, Hi-mass bridge, real bone nut, and boasts exceptional craftsmanship throughout. If you ever owned hi-end Japanese guitars/basses then you definitely know what I'm talking about, these axes are PERFECT. Think of it as a perfectly constructed, highly spec'd active Thunderbird bass because that's what it essentially is..

IMG_1729.JPG IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1731.JPG IMG_1734.JPG IMG_1736.JPG IMG_1737.JPG IMG_1738.JPG IMG_1739.JPG IMG_1740.JPG IMG_1745.JPG IMG_1746.JPG IMG_1748.JPG IMG_1749.JPG PW.JPG PW1.JPG

Instagator, tat2clod and Mosstone like this.
  2. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    Gotta love that reverse inline headstock...:cool::bassist:

Basspounder likes this.
  3. Mosstone

Mosstone

Jun 20, 2009
    Very nice... Just needs a tort guard and you're ready to rawk! :thumbsup:

GLWTS

Basspounder likes this.
  4. morguedoc71

morguedoc71 Supporting Member

May 22, 2009
    ...Or a mirrored guard!

Beauty of a bass. How's it balance on a strap?

5. Mosstone

Mosstone

Jun 20, 2009
    In my opinion, a mirrored guard looks great... Until you touch it.

Then it looks awful.

6. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    The bass balances on a strap good. It seems to lay level versus neck diving.

7. An exceptional bass.I currently own one and never played it out.Also have the LTD version.Not close imho.

Basspounder likes this.
  8. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    That's a ridiculous deal on a Japanese ESP.

TN WOODMAN and Basspounder like this.
  9. blepp

blepp Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Orlando
    Any trades? I have a Fender USA 2014 P bass with a Geddy neck and upgraded Aguilar Super Hot P60 Pups.

10. Basspounder

Jan 4, 2013
    Thank you for your interest but I am not looking for trades trying to make room to walk.

11. tomydacat

tomydacat Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2009
    RVA
    OH MY look at that!!!!! BEAUTY

12. higain617

higain617

Sep 12, 2013
    WA
    I'm glad someone finally bought this. I had been eyeing it for quite a while.

Basspounder likes this.
  13. Instagator

Instagator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Good for you on the sale!..If I could have unloaded the guitars that I'm trying to sell locally I would have picked it up in a heartbeat.
    Someone should be very happy! Cheers.

Basspounder likes this.
  14. db-13

db-13

Mar 6, 2017
    Rochester NY
    IMG_6620. IMG_6621. IMG_6622. IMG_6623.

15. db-13

db-13

Mar 6, 2017
    Rochester NY
    I love mine. Hard to find these.