ESP question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fishcake, Aug 25, 2003.

1. The bass I'm currently playing on is an ESP Ltd Viper-304, and I love it to death, but I have a question about altering it a little bit. Not a big deal, but the higher peg that holds the strap on (ha ha, i said strap on) is on the back of the bass, like stabbing into your chest, instead of the normal placing like on the side of the body. This gives the bass severe neck drop when standing and playing, and makes your left arm tired trying to hold it in the right position to play in. Is there anyway I can take this to a shop or something and have them move it? Thnx.
  2. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    i was just looking at the specs on the esp web site and the strap peg is on the side.... its werid that its on the back, but ok

ok if you would like you could try this.

un screw the peg from the back set the peg aside and take the screw from the peg and find a diffrent screw alittle smaller, to drill a pilot hole with. find where you want the peg on the side of your bass... where ever you chose mark and drill with the smaller screw the pilot hole(do it slow so you dont crack the body) then take the screw out. take the peg and the peg srcew put then together and do the finally drill throw the pilot hole..... then you should be ready to go

sorry the last thing i did was write a essey on changing your strings so a 5 year old could do it, i geuss im still in that mind set