ESP reviews

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madfiddler, Mar 6, 2004.

1. OK I've read a few things on here about the ESP LTD basses....I'm looking for my first 5 string and played a C-305 in the music store today, I was quite impressed but have some time how do these basses hold up? considering its Korean built I was surprised at the quality of build

I also saw a Brawley which I liked the sound of and the feel of the neck was great....but the finish on it was not too good

I guess what I'm looking for is a comparison of the ESP with some other basses, the problem with reviews on here is that they are isolated opinions and not really giving any direct comparisons with other gear (at least the stuff I've read so far!)....if anyone can point me in the right direcion on-line that would be great

...up to now I've really liked the look Lakland Skyline and the Fender American Deluxe P-Bass....but they are a step up in price from the likes of ESP

(all prices so far GBP
    ESP 629
    Lakland 849
    Fender just under a grand
    Brawley 600 and something for through neck, 400 and
    something for bolt on)
  2. slicktop

Jun 30, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have an ESP C-305 and I love it!! It's a great bass although it took me while to get used to the narrow string spacing. The quality of this bass is amazing considering the price. Neck through with EMG pickups and gold hardware for less than $500.00. You can't go wrong for that price.
  3. that's interesting.....I mean < $500

the price on this in store was 629 GBP so thats in the region of $1200. that doesn't seem to quite add up!....I'm not sure whether this is a good price for asn ESP or not, but it does seem about realtively correct compared to other bass prices

...mind you I have noticed that US prices seem to be the same in US dollars as in sterling eg. $1299 for a fender american deluxe 5 p-bass in the US and £1299 in the UK

Anyone know what it would cost me in import tax if I was to get a bass from the US shipped over?

I'm still interested in anyone that compare this more directly to other 5 strings though...... :bassist:
  4. and I've just noticed from the esp web site that the C series basses aren't in their product range any longer.....I can't see that any of their current models has replaced it but I'll stand corrected!.....?....
  5. ahh...the c series isn't on the US website but it is on the UK website
  6. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I have a MIJ ESP M-IV bass. Four string, P/J style. I also play (though don't own it) a LTD B405. Both basses are absolutly wonderful pieces of wood. I'll never sell my M-IV and am currently attempting at affording my own B-405. If you want good detailed comparisions of these two versus MIA Fender P, Peavey Koa RSB and a MIA Jazz bass V. If you're interested in that, PM or e-mail me ( I'd rather not type it and post it if you're not even interested.