Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Esp TA 600

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by duct_tape, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Hey Guys,
    I've decided on getting a new bass,
    I was looking at the Tom Araya bass from esp and wondering if they would be good ofr mellower music as well (obviously they're good in metal else he would use them) I was thining about maybe tool justin chanceollor kinda sound.
    any input will be well apreciated.

2. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    Ohio
    Why wouldn't it be?

3. Well I dont know I've heard some people say that it's not good and others love it. I know its not how a bass looks but how it sounds but i just cant play ugly basses :meh: i can fiddle around with the sound on my amp.

4. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    Ohio
    The bass looks alright. But there are a lot nicer basses for the cash you are willing to spend. It'll probably play and sound like a F204 or a B204... your just paying the extra cash for the "Tom Araya" name... Have you checked out the Ibanez BTB 400 or 405? I would love to pick up a 405 if I ever got the extra money. They seem to get any tone your going after. Wether you want a death metal tone to a jazzy type of tone. When I was making the change from Guitar to bass a few months back. I was really into the ESP LTD basses mainly because of the looks because I enjoy metal :) but thankfully this site here helped educate me on more important things about basses.