No longer available ESP Vintage Four Artist Model, Custom Shop, A&R!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xhawk5, May 6, 2017.

1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Price:
    $0
    Strings:
    ESP Artist Model
    These were actually made in the ESP Custom Shop (unlike the E-II series that many in the classifieds are claiming) and have since been discontinued. It's an Artist Model and has had the ESP A&R Treatment, so you know it's perfect, and hand-selected. In awesome shape, action gets VERY low. Will slaughter any Fender or Lakland in existence. (True statement! As I have both)

Includes Original fitted ESP Hardshell case!

Features

Bolt-on
    34" scale
    Alder body
    Maple neck
    Rosewood or maple fingerboard
    42mm bone nut
    Thin "U" neck contour
    21 XJ frets
    Chrome hardware
    Gotoh tuners
    Gotoh bridge
    Seymour Duncan SJB-2 J bridge pickup
    Seymour Duncan SPB-2 P neck pickup
    8.6lbs

Sale price of $1200 $1150 $1100 $1050

Includes shipping in original case
    to the Con US. Firm. Canada is extra.

Original for sale thread with Tons more pics: ESP Vintage Four Precision/Jazz Bass guitar! NOT LTD! Sunburst! Custom Shop Fender Killer!

jjagnan12k4ynyvzgk0r.jpg julntzu4mor70s1x3zzs.jpg mrkzytkekt15m6zutkiz.jpg akfzqgrhv369yild28bg.jpg ibyqjd2wpcnuydeaqkn2.jpg lqntzvp3m2bqlyazxstw.jpg ljml6sifnl89mcbku6pw.jpg trnzqua02k4zanadyvez.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  2. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    drooldrooldrooldrool

3. Nice

4. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Is the bridge pickup hum cancelling?
    I didn't know SD Antiquities had that feature?

5. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Vintage vibe! When both pups are on full, no hum or noise whatsoever.

6. Unless changed to antiquities , these basses are stock with Seymour Duncan SP-2 and SJ-2 hot wound pickups. I have a burst(original model EMGs) and CAR(EMG-X alnico) and love these basses.

xhawk5 likes this.
  7. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Yep, quiet as a mouse in a church with SERIOUS output!

8. Chad T

Chad T

Feb 10, 2013
    Indiana
    So this actually has SP-2/SJ-2 pickups rather than Antiquities?

xhawk5 likes this.
  9. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I had a chance to try one of these at a guitar show and they are FREAKING AWESOME!! Whoever buys this will not be disappointed. If I had the cash it would be a great addition. Plus it is just beautiful! XHawk, you might regret getting rid of this one.

10. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    I agree. I will regret it. I don't really "need" to sell anything, I just have too many. This one is probably THE keeper.

Thx for the good word!

asands and BigDanT like this.
  11. Chad T

Chad T

Feb 10, 2013
    Indiana
    What's with the attitude? From what I can tell the pickup specs on these basses changed depending on the year. The 2007 catalog shows them as having SJB-2/SPB-2 pickups, then the 2008 catalog shows them with Antiquities. The serial number shows this as an early 2007, so it'd probably be best to pull the pickups to know for sure.

Also, this bass isn't custom shop. Yes, AFAIK some of the Standard Series were built in the same building as the custom shop, but the manufacturing process was different as compared to true custom shop. True Custom Shop builds generally don't have an "SS" serial number. Plus, they have the "ESP Custom Shop" logo. This bass doesn't have either, so it's definitely not custom shop. With that said, Standard Series are generally very nice instruments (I've owned several), but again, not custom shop.

12. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida

Thanks Woodman and Chad for bringing this to my attention. I did not know. I was taking the original owners info at face value. Explains why the output is massive! :)

Pickups: SJB-2/SPB-2

13. Hey that's what we're hopefully all here for -to gain knowledge and information about our passion. I knew that both my Vintage 4s came stock with the SD SJB2 and SPB2 pups. One is an 07 and the other 08. Maybe pre antiquity build? My research after my original post indicated antiquities as well(Musician's Friend blurb) but I assumed that was wrong based on mine, but thanks to Chad, now know that both were used, depending on year produced. Regardless which pups are used, these are excellent basses.

xhawk5 likes this.
  14. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    This bass is a steal at this price! Wish I had the funds...drool

xhawk5 likes this.
  15. Mvilmany

Mvilmany

Mar 13, 2013
    Upstate NY
    That thing looks awesome.

xhawk5 likes this.
  16. I have an ESP C305 that is probably one of the best basses I've ever played as far as quality from a production instrument. It really amazed me. I know this is apples and oranges, but if my bass is any indication of the quality ESP makes, I can only imagine how wonderful of an instrument this custom shop is. I'm not a huge fan of overly reliced basses, but man this one is the exception..

I truly wish I had the funds right now to pick this up.

asands and xhawk5 like this.
  17. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    This bass sounds/plays so good. Just as good as my Roscoe! And no worries about dinging it. :laugh:
    Still waiting for a decent offer... ;)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  18. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    PRICE DROPPED TO $1120 SHIPPED!

19. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    GEEZE, $1050 SHIPPED!

20. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I may have missed it but where was this bass made? It's one of the sweetest basses on TB right now.

xhawk5 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021