Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ESP

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by teprodic, Jun 13, 2004.

1. hello everyone. Well I had a couple of questions. I went through the search but I couldn't find much information about ESP basses. So I was wondering if theses basses are any good for metal? I've been very interested in their B series basses and the DF series. Espcially the DF, I love the way it looks and it comes with EMG's (like most ESP's). So yeah I was just wondering if these basses have a good reputation for sounding good and can I trust them? I currently own two Ibanez basses and I am very happy with those but I am still looking for another bass. So if there are any recommendations for an ESP bass I will greatly appreaciate it. Also one more question... which do you prefer, Ibanez or ESP? Well thanks.

2. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Well lots of metal guys use ESP stuff. The bassist from Slayer uses one, but big difference between his bass and one you'd buy is, his bass is custom made in Japan and is immensly higher in quality. An LTD ESP probably isn't any better then a higher end Ibanez. It will probably give you higher output though, which I would think would be suited for metal. I personally prefer ESP basses, the Japanese ones though, which are very expensive, but the quality is hard to beat. The only Jpn ESPs sold in the US are the Surveryor II, and Signature basses. Here's a pic of a Japanese F series bass, F standing for Forest.

3. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    The F Basses would look good as a 6 string, The 7 string Guitar looks a little off though...