Essential Cream recordings???

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Live Cream Vol II
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    ...Very Best of Cream has most of their good stuff on it.
  3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

"Crossroads" has about the hottest guitar soloing I've ever heard. Somehow, Bruce manages to rip it up simultaneously but doesn't get in Clapton's way. It's generally considered the song that made Clapton, "god."

"Anyone for Tennis" hinted at what was to come with Blind Faith.
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    'Sfunny: In their hey day, which lasted roughly 2 years or so, (The)Cream only released FOUR albums-

1)Fresh Cream
    2)Disraeli Gears
    3)Wheels Of Fire

The two Live ones, Volumes 1 & 2 were subsequently released about two years after Cream's breakup.
    The band, IMO, was at its 'best' in a LIVE environment. I think it's LIVEVolume 1 where Baker just kicks ass & takes names...
    BTW, I think most of their studio recording contained LIVE material(eg Wheels Of Fire has the version of "Crossroads" that Rick mentioned; that version blows me away, too. It's 'jammimng' to the max...definitely a Jazz-Rock mentality happenin').

For fun & history, you may also wanna check out Baker/Bruce pre-Cream during their stint with Graham Bond Organization(Tower Records has a 2-albums-on-1-disc release)...
    If you can find Clapton with The Yardbirds or with John Mayall, that would be cool. too!
  5. Get 'Wheels Of Fire', its a great album and it has 'The White Room', which I think is their best song.