1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Essex 6 Strings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sbasssman, Jul 28, 2002.

1. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    Ok, there's been a ton of dialog here about the Essex basses, but what about the Brice 6 strings? Anyone try one?

2. Instead of starting a new thread, I'll bump this one.

I was looking at the Brice 6 strings, too. The price is well within my range (I was loking to spend $750 -$1000). But since it would be my first 6er, I thought going cheaper would be more easily justifiable.

They look nice, and although I would prefer a neck through for more stability, beggars cant be choosers, and neither can those on limited budgets.

Anyhow, I have an Essex I bought from Rondo, and it has become my new favorite. If the Brice is comparable in quality, it should be a nice first 6er.

Here is the link Click Me

Ahhh, me like this one!
    [​IMG]

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    the brice is the upper class of the essex

steve

4. I own the Brice 6 string fretless. It's a well built bass...the only problem I have with it is the electronics. The thing sounds like pure mud. Not a good tone out of it yet. If you plan on upgrading the pickups and electronics, you can't go wrong. (IMO)