1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Essex bass club (part 7)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by john turner, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Subscribed

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    sub'n

4. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    Ok... I'll get the party rolling here by sharing a pic and vid from last night's gig. My SX '75 Jazz with my new Eden WTX-500 and vintage SWR Goliath cabinet. There's also a link to a video clip of one of the tunes. The SX delivered lovely Jazz warmth and growl all night. Still impressed by this bass! I used my Lakland 44-01 strung with flats for some tunes, but the SX fit the 'vibe' tone-wise more this evening. Both are joys to play!

[​IMG]

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=63600034

Cheers!

5. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    getting a live pic in the thread before Savit....:ninja:

IMG_3725.

6. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Weee! Part 7!

I played a short scale Bronco bass today and am really digging the fret spacing and scale length! I might snag one of the SX shortie Jazz basses before the new HS rolls in....
    :bassist:

7. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    AWSOME! I even managed to get a live pic in a Peavey Foundation thread, I don't even own one!

I'm going to wait till at least page 2 before I start with pics this time.

This page is all yours Justice. Great pic!

I can't believe my little club thread is now 7. You've grown up so quickly. :)

8. Congrats! cant believe how often this is getting extended

9. subscribed.

10. Eh, what the hell -- me too.

11. dasruckus

dasruckus

Oct 7, 2008
    When are they supposed to get new stock in? I have been dying to order some of these for awhile now.

12. dbthump

dbthump

Mar 20, 2009
    Tampa
    Don't want to miss a thing...

13. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I've come to claim my membership.

Here she is. I hate the way she looks, I hate the way she plays, but she was the first bass I ever had and dang if I'm not fond of her.

DSCI0064.

DSCI0065.

Oh, did I forget to mention? I'm missing the neckplate....lost the dang thing somewhere in the shop. Let's face it, I'd never play this one over my Fender P anyway.

Does it still count? Do I get a number?

14. After you completely dis a perfectly good instrument like that??? Hail no!!!....lol.

15. Allen_VA

Allen_VA

Sep 17, 2008
    Hokietown, VA
    Looks like the front fell off!

I'm anxiously awaiting my first SX! I'm more anxious to find out which one I'm getting :)

16. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    +100,000,000,000,000! That was freakin AWESOME!

:D:D:D

.....well, cardboard is out.....
    .....a wave hit it.....
    :)

17. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Funny - all decked out in America stuff while playing a bass straight from China. :p

18. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Oh come on, I wasn't too mean. Really, it's SPARKLEY!!!
    Not to mention the inches-thick varnish on the neck and it buzzes unless there's half an inch of action at the 12th fret. Actually, on the shelf above it is my nearly-complete pickup winder, as soon as that is in working order I plan on completely remodeling this bass into something that I will actually really want to play - something that will not be P-bass-like at all.

I'll be taking all the finish off of this thing, leaving the neck bare, a light clear finish on the body, then replacing the pickguard with a custom job fitted for the crazy and revolutionary pickup wiring I'm planning. Also, to help with all that buzzing, I'm just going to get rid of the frets altogether - I'm not set up for a re-fret job, I have no money, and I always wanted a fretless.

19. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    And if you look carefully...rack tuner, Bass preamp, poweramp, and speakers all made in China.

My Furman was probably MIC as well.

America baseball jersey, made in India

Old Navy jeans - made in Guatemala

I think the strings on the bass were made in America though..maybe the bridge as well...

20. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Looks like you're playing a gig that pays American money.

That's plenty good enough for this hombre! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.