Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Essex bass guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by UzzA, Mar 29, 2002.

1. UzzA

UzzA

Mar 29, 2002
  2. yes. there was a thread about these about 2 weeks ago.Try a search in the archives.

3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
  4. Just got my hands on a deluxe P copy from them today. It's not mine - rather a guitar player friend's that bought it to have a bass for recording. I'm going to be doing a setup on it. At the same time, I'll probably take it apart just to get a good read on it's construction.

At first flush, this thing is amazing!! After I get more into it, I think I'll do a review for all that want more info. The most surprising thing is the neck. There hasn't been a more Fender-like product since Fender made necks.

As for the 5 strings - I picked up a couple of necks from Kaz for some experimentation and building. They've got a great profile - very thin and well shaped. But, you'll likely have to do some fret finishing on yours because both of the ones I got had very poorly finished fret ends. These necks also have a scarf joint that I'm not too pleased with. After some work, I've got one ready for a body with the other just sittin'.

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    There hasn't been a more Fender-like product since Fender made necks.

Hambone. Does this mean hat fender is not making his necks anymore? who make them now? thanks for the info

6. UzzA

UzzA

Mar 29, 2002
    Hey thanks for all your help but i have another question.

Are the pickups on the five string essex standard size electronics? If did get the bass i would definitly like to replace the existing ones.