Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Essex Bass Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Razor, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I'm trying to see how many people have changed out the stock pickup's on an Essex bass. I have one of the basic P-Bass Essex's and I am getting a really full sound with any note played on the E string...however any note played on the A, D, or G string is lacking volume/tone in a huge way. I have adjusted the compression on my rig in every way possible but nothing helps. I suspect it's got to be the pickup's. For the total price I paid for this bass I assume the pickup's probably need to be changed to correct this and I was wondering what pickup's would give me a really full sound on all strings. It's a standard passive P-Bass pickup.

2. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I forgot to mention...I know I am probably expecting an active sound out of passive pickup's, in terms of having all the notes sound full. I understand that by the current bass being passive this won't be possible but I would just like to know what passive pickup's in you all's opinions give the most well rounded, full sound all across the spectrum. Thanks again for the help.

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Thanks SMASH...I have been looking at those very heavy. I'm gonna check on the routing to make sure if any is needed, it'll be minimal so I can do it myself.
    Do you by chance have a line on best place to get a set of these?

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Cool...thanks a bunch. :D