Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Essex basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jiant., Feb 7, 2005.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I searched on these basses and it seems as though a lot of people like these. I'm thinking about getting one of their P-bass models. It would be a second bass, and probably mostly used on songs in different tunings. So how good/bad are these basses, for the price?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Cant beat it for the price.

3. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    I have the SX VPB-62 P bass. You can't beat them for the price. I took mine out to 2 gigs in the last 2 weeks and I know one person that checked it out and then went and bought one, and others that are considering it.

I'm still tweaking mine just because it close, but not quite "there" yet. Completely playable but the as the (stock) strings are breaking in, they are starting to sound uneven so I'm debating putting on another set of rounds or a set of chrome flats..

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Do a search here on Brice and Essex... They've been discussed a little..

;)

5. NINO3000

NINO3000

Feb 10, 2004
    Mount Vernon NY
    I went to Rondo's last week and spent about two hours there. I went home with a fretless 5 jazz, but I spent time with all their basses. I like them. Mind you they are cheap basses. but they have a good sound I own a MIA Jazz 5 deluxe but since I got the fretless Ive been enjoying playing it.
    I liked it alot better once I changed the strings. The stock strings are horrible. for 129 you would be hard pressed to find something better.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Yeah, I think there might be a mega-thread on it somewhere

Ray

7. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yeah I saw that thread. I've just really been wanting a second bass for now, and I think this might be it. Are there any online retailers that sell these basses?

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses