Essex/Brice Features, Please Help Out

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xolin, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Hey, I suggested in the essex megathread that we start some polls to determine which features would be best and most popular for brice/essex basses. I would start them myself, however I think it would be best for some people who know more about certain features than i do to do it.

So lets first figure out what feature categories to make polls on in here, then go and make them.

Obvious ones:

String Spacing (4/5/6 jazz/p/other models)
    Neck Width (ditto)
    Fretboard Wood
    Neck Wood
    Neck joint (bolts, how many, positioning, quality,etc)
    Scale length (34,35,short-scale, string # dependant)
    pickup positioning (which pups, where relative to bridge/neck)
    controls (volume knobs, tone knobs, switches...bass style dependant)

so if we make a list of features, then we can have a poll on each (Specifically for essex and brice as its a focus group thing for kurt to figure out who will buy what). So, any more suggestions. Polls on different styles or models can also be made after we do the features thing. If anyone thinks its a bad idea...feel free to comment.

2. Sorry...i dont get? Edit: nm, shoot me for my insulance.

Anyhoo, yeah, that would be cool, but i think its better off here in TB (the best place for bass! :p)
  3. i would like to see Jazz pup at neck and MM at bridge, 5 string, 35'scale, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, active pups, Master Volume, blend, bass, mid, treble, pickup selector

i dont know if this is possible but i would buy it
  4. yeah the mm pup at the bridge would be pretty tight. how about a mm pickup and a stack humbucker where the jazz pup would be?
  5. all good suggestions but i was looking for general features which can be used in polls like...shape of headstock (then put options in poll) or tremolo (yes or no for poll).
  6. yeah, i would too, especially if it were in the shape of a lakland!! (i mean come on, you pretty much described a lakland, and i think laklands are awesome)

7. I'd be game for the pickup config. It would give a good sound given maybe a maple neck and active pickups. Also, I sure as hell would love all the EQ controls right on the bass! As for the pickups selector - I'm not really game. Yes, you could go MM style with it, but with one single J pickup it it wouldn't give THAT solid/strong of a sound, especially with it at the neck - just my opinion of course!
  8. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Make all of them have a chunky P neck.
  9. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    How about a P pickup at the neck and a MM style pickup at the bridge. With yes a chunky Pbass neck.
  10. I would be all over that
  11. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Make 8-string versions of all the 4-string basses.

Make an Explorer bass with a 24-fret neck

Make a shortscale flying-V bass

'51 pbass copy.
  12. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    I second the Explorer
  13. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    bnlack block inlays on a maple neck.

14. eh? Well? Anyone wanna use it?
  15. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003

lol, funny stuff man,:D ;) :p
  16. lol, again. funny stuff. well, we can use it if ya want, just put some polls in there, but not much chance of people seeing it yet, so we can always just addy for it in the polls, right? Then we'll see. Very amusing though.
  17. WOAH!:meh: I seriously didnt see your post when i replied, even more funny stuff!!!:eek: :) :D
  18. Eh, I got bored and threw it together to see if people wanted to use it. I doubt anyone would see it either - was just something to pass the time I guess...