1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Essex five string....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Oddman545, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Well...It's getting that time for me to be looking into a new bass. I plan to keep my old one and get another new one. I want to get into playing a five stringer but I need a cheap quality one first. Then maybe I'll save up or something and get a really nice Yamaha or something. But for right now, what do you guys think of the Essex 5 string bass? I'd get the sunburst because I think it looks cool, but soundwise and money, is it worth it? Is it a good beginner 5 string? Well, that's all my questions, and here's the link to it: http://www.rondomusic.bigstep.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=850849|940496&PRID=803549

Thanks,
    Mike

2. I can't comment on the Essex basses, as I haven't bought one yet (I am sure others will comment) I picked up a Brice 6 string fretless from the same people just to see if I liked fretless without spending a ton. The quality for the price was excellent. My only complaint is the electronics. Pure Mud. I can't get good tone out of it to save my life. As an introduction to a new style of playing, you can't go wrong (for the price).

My $0.02

Pete

3. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    don't know about the 5 but I got the Essex Jazz bass and it is great. You wouldn't believe the quality of these basses for the price. When I decide to get a 5 I'll for sure get an Essex.

I would go for it if I were you.:D

4. Ok. Cool. I'll look into it a bit more, but I think I am going to end up getting one. Thanks...