Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Essex for sale on Ebay Ya'll

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tufnuts, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Hey all. Was diggin around on ebay..ran across this. I'm sure someone has enough of a bug diggin into em to get a Essex BG-150 and put a BA2 and a preamp in it. But the seller seems a little..uh...unknowing.

"The neck is a beatiful blonde maple neck made by a company sx. (kind of like warmoth)"

Uhh...no cigar on that one dude.

Anyway... Auction Eh?

Enjoy. That's my good deed for the year.

2. I could swear that was a *bass* ;)

3. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    whats the deal with Warmoth/ SX basses are these only mail order parts or will they build them for you as well?

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Essex sells basses/guitars. Warmoth is a parts company that you have to assemble.

That particular bass used to belong to me. I sold it to a friend of mine & he sold it to someone else & that person has it on eBay. It's actually a very good bass. Except that it is REALLY heavy. It's an Essex (SX) bass, not just the neck. Ive replaced the bridge (BadAss II), pickups (Fender American Standard) & I've added an EMG BTC 2 band pre-amp.

5. Well, the elitist twits over on the FDP have seized on this auction as an example of someone trying to pull a scam by calling it a "custom" bass. The arguments for and against were pretty good and the banter lively until someone piped in with Fender's own description of the Geddy Lee bass as being a "custom".

I guess he'll be banned now.

6. kurtzentmaier

kurtzentmaier

Aug 10, 2002
    Union, NJ
    "whats the deal with Warmoth/ SX basses are these only mail order parts or will they build them for you as well?"

For these prices, we can only offer the basses as is.

Kurt
    Rondo Music