Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Essex fretless for trade for fretted

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Flatwound, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I have an SJB-62 fretless, LPB with matching headstock, and I'd rather have a fretted. So pretty much any Essex four-stringer would be cool, or maybe some other low-end bass.

If you just want to trade necks, that's cool too, but this neck has the LPB headstock, so keep that in mind.

2. pics? i have an spb sunburst I might be willing to trade if you don't might switching from jazz to p.

edit: pics

2nd edit: I just noticed that in the pics the knobs are off, and there are some weird metal things sticking out. The pots have been replaced since then and the original knobs put back on so it looks stock now.

3. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Sounds like a strong possibility to me. I don't have any current pics of mine, but I can snap some and post them maybe tonite or tomorrow. I just checked the Rondo website and they don't have a pic of this on there anymore, so I can't link you there. Guess I'll have to get busy.

4. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pg is off, and pups are out because I tried a couple of other pups in it. Obviously I'll reassemble it before I make a trade. :)

5. don't see any pictures...

6. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Weird. They show up for me, but who knows. Anyway, can you e-mail me, so I can attach them to my reply?

Thanks.

7. hm...maybe not...I don't like what you've done to the body of the bass. I suppose the pg would cover it up, but I also dont really like the color. Sorry.

8. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I haven't actually done anything to the body of the bass. This is what they look like.

But if you don't like it, you don't like it. No problem

So, anyone else?

9. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    I have a SX neck (rosewood board) that came on a LPB Precision copy. 2.5" neck heel.

Interested in a trade?

10. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Yes. That would be tres cool. Feel free to e-mail or PM or whatever, and we can work out the details.

11. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    OK then. Haven't heard anything from Mazinger, so I guess I'm still looking for trades. I would trade my neck for a fretted neck, my bass for a fretted bass, or whatever.

Doesn't have to be an Essex, doesn't have to be Jazz-Style. A Squier Bronco would be fine, one of the short-scale Essexes would be fine, just hit me with what you've got, and we'll see.

12. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
  13. dont know if ur done with this but ive got a dean playmate. color is gold. 22 frets. 1 soapbar. tis a lower end bass.

14. Flatwound

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Looks like Mazinger and I have made a deal.

Thanks to all.