1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Essex Fretless jazz maple project neck - Loaded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by L. L. Elwood, Jun 7, 2012.

1. L. L. Elwood

L. L. Elwood Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Hi All,

I have kind of an unusual piece here. It's a converted SX fretless maple neck with block inlays, wilkinson vintage tuners.

The good: for someone who likes working on projects e.g. sanding, leveling finishing this will make a nice neck. nut is already cut right, truss rod works perfectly. And really sounds sweet, with a little buzzing here and there. The SX logo has been replaced with a fender jazz logo.

the bad: the person that had the neck previously did a pretty poor conversion job. the neck is not totally smooth. Eventhough i've had this neck installed and even played gigs with it, there are some spots that could be leveled out.
    There is a crack near the E string tuner. it has been glued and is totally stable, but it's there never the less and you should know about it. The sharp angle of the headstock has been sanded to resemble a sadowsky peg head. The top right corner of the G string tuner back plate has been sanded a little to follow the curvature of the headstock.. See photo

Should fit most fender style bodies. I've had it on a jazz bass and even a carvin sb4000 at one point.

I'm thinking $50 shipped?

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. scootron

scootron

Jul 17, 2007
    Moved to Texas
    Wow. I don't play fretless, but if somebody needs a fretless neck, this looks like a great bargain. I don't think it will last very long.

3. L. L. Elwood

Jan 22, 2004
    Colorado
    bump.. Still available.

4. L. L. Elwood

Jan 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Weekend bump!!

5. pm coming your way

6. cvsurg

cvsurg Supporting Member

May 17, 2011
    FL
    Neck still available?

7. Very interesting looking neck. Is it still available?

8. dusterdan70

dusterdan70 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2014
    So Cal
    Might try starting a convo with him as this thread is 2.5 years old and i'm sure he's long forgotten about it.