Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Essex Jazz bass and bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by incognito89x, Jul 5, 2003.

1. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I just recently sold my Warwick Corvette, in search of a Peavey Cirrus. In the mean time, I bought myself an Essex Jazz copy. (I actually made money on the corvette, so I figure spending an extra 150 won't hurt :) and I've wanted an essex for a while)

From what I hear, the stock bridge is pretty junky, and most get replaced. Either a BadAssII or Gotoh fender bridge.

I was wondering where to pick up a bridge like this, and if there's any in particular that would sound better or not.

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i wouldnt change it
    i see no fault

3. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    As far as sound goes, I think you'd see a much more noticeable difference if you put the money toward new pickups. I put some Seymour Duncan Hot Jazz's in mine and it became a smokin' little beater to have around.

4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    I think Warmoth sells the Gotoh bridges at a decent price on their site. I have a badass 2 on my Fender P bass, but I've been thinking about picking up one of the Gotoh's just to see what the diff. is. You have to file the saddles on the badass bridge, but I don't think you have to on the Gotoh.

5. replace that bridge... iput a gotoh 401 i think on mine and it made a world of difference.... now i can put somethign bigger than a .100 e string through it.