Essex Jazz Bass / Gotoh Bridge Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crkempton, Dec 29, 2007.

1. crkempton

crkempton

May 30, 2006
    Utah
    Hey guys, i have on order a SX Jazz bass in the vintage yellow, and i am thinking of upgrading the stock bridge when it arrives. I've never done this kind of thing befor and i'm wondering.... Will THIS bridge work with an SX Jazz? Should the mounting holes line up, etc? Thanks! -Cody :D

2. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    It should work. SX basses have the 5 hole configuration like Fenders and take the same bridges. I have a BadAss on my SX and it lined up great.

On a side note that Gotoh Bridge rocks. I put one on my MIJ Fender and I couldnt be happier with it. I like it much more than the BadAss.

3. crkempton

crkempton

May 30, 2006
    Utah
    thanks! The gotoh is on order!

4. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

If I remember correctly, my SX short scale Jazz had a 7 hole bridge. I bought a Gotoh Standard bridge for it and I had to drill some holes because they didn't line up exactly. But it's not a big deal and the bridge covers the old holes anyway, so go for it.

5. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    I put that Gotoh on my SX Fretless 62 RI. Worked great!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021