After reading some about the J bass series wiring modifications, I decided what the heck, got out the soldering iron for my first ever succesful soldering project. Kinda sounds a bit musicman'ish due to the hum cancelling phase, kinda sounds p-bass'ish for whatever reasons.....really sounds like nothing much else I have heard, but to me it is definitely an improvement! I removed the front volume pot (since it was broken anyway), and wired the pickups in reversed phase (of each other), both to the second volume pot. Not sure this is the proper way to do it, but it definitely made a change in the tone, for the better IMO. I'll try to put together a couple small MP3's on here if anyone is interested in hearing the new tone. Someone else will have to post for the original sound, as I never recorded anything.