Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Essex owners-How often do you gig with yours?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinsok, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Tell me your "real world" experiences with your Essex-good or bad. Thanks.

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    used my fretless on a jazz gig the other nigth. nothing but compliments

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've yet to gig with my 62JB. I use her for studio work. I'll paly the ol' gal on the next gig. As for the studio, she's gotten a lot of compliments, especially when they find out the price.

4. toshiya

toshiya

Jun 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    It was about to see it's first gig when during practice, the strap button ripped right out, since then, I've fixed the problem. But oh well, it's seen lots of practices and it's held up well. Only complaint is my personal distaste of the neck on the 62jb, and the body weight, it's still a great bass tho.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have played my BG-80 on every oldies gig since I got it. It gets played on 1/2 of the sets, and whatever other bass I bring gets played on the other half.

6. StartingLineBass

StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    Well I have had two experiences...

In Jazz Band at school the other bassist are like, oh cool you have a fender, I only have this terrible squier. Then I said it's an SX and the price and I made one of them cry becuase he spend 100.00 more then me.

At a punk rock show I had my my bass strung real low so I would look "cool", jumped up and down did the whole punk thing and no problems at all. It took some real abuse that night. But I do warn you, if you drop your SX like 30 times which I have it'll start to sound funny, always use strap locks!