1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Essex (SX) Fretless P-Bass w/Bound/Blocked Neck, etc.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JazznFunk, Jan 15, 2012.

1. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Lakland Basses Artist
    I am selling my modified SX (Essex) P-Bass that I first bought in late 2010. The original neck was one with a maple fingerboard and unfortunately had some issues with the thick glossy coating on the fingerboard which left it nearly unplayable. I purchased the new SX neck a month or two after buying the bass from Rondo (it is an SX replacement neck, but without any decals), and it is a Jazz Bass-width fretless neck. I also installed a new Gotoh 201 bridge at the same time, as well as Fender flat-top P-Bass/Tele knobs.

The neck and tuners were installed professionally at a local shop and the neck joint is tight and solid. The fingerboard/neck is straight as an arrow and plays very well. I currently have Lakland Joe Osborn flats installed, but it really growls with a nice set of rounds.

The only issues with the bass at all are slight buzzes in certain spots on the neck from slight inconsistencies in the planing of the inlaid fret markers. Considering the price point of the SX basses and the necks, this neck is remarkably consistent and even overall. For the adventurous buyer, the fingerboard could be planed down to even out the buzzes.

Asking $170 O.B.O, plus $40 shipping via UPS (insured). PM me if interested. Not listed anywhere but on TalkBass at this point, so my bass brethren here have first crack at it.

PayPal only, of course... If you wish to reference my extensive eBay feedback as well, my username there is also 'JazznFunk'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rawrrbass

Rawrrbass

Mar 19, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Pm'd.

3. JazznFunk

JazznFunk

Mar 26, 2000
    Asheville, NC