Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Essex tuner replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Cúl-Báire, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Just a quicky question...

I'm doing some modding to my essex, as I cant afford a Sadowsky, or Valenti another or another Fender MIA P-Bass. Anyways my question: I cant be assed taking the strings and tuners off my bass until I have to as I just restrung it yesterday- I was just wondering what size the holes for the tuners are on the essex basses?

Thanx
    -Cul

2. throbgod13

throbgod13

Mar 26, 2005
    Texas
  3. Thanx alot

4. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    On this topics, does anybody know which brands/styles of tuners drop into SX basses easily? Preferrably ones that look similar to the stock ones

5. RATZAX

RATZAX

Oct 23, 2002
    Gales Creek,Or
    Before I would spend the money on new tuners for your SX try this. Take them completely off the guitar. The Shaft seperates from the mounting shaft. Lubricate the shaft lightly . Also lubricate all tuner parts lightly and then reassemble and put back on the Bass. Just tighten the tension screw till it is snug.
    I'll bet you will then be happy with those tuners.They are not bad tuners but they are DRY.