1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Estradasphere's Mekapses Yitonisa

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by godspeed68, Jun 16, 2007.

1. godspeed68

godspeed68 i'm here for the sound

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Alright, I've been a fan of this band for a while, but never really sat down and tried to work out any of their bass parts. I just finished figuring out this one, listen to it on my geek-space site at:

http://www.myspace.com/godspeed68

It sounds simple, but proves to be a good little challenge! Slightly different through each pass. It's fun, you should try it!

tom

2. yea i love that song, and the band.

3. godspeed68

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    no one else finds this song interesting to try and play?

4. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    while i am in love with this crazy ass band, they just arent my style to play! amazing band though!

+1 for being the first to bring them up around here!

5. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Amazing musicians. Saw them live a few weeks ago. They never dissapoint. Wish I could have seen them with Secret Chiefs 3 on the West Coast recently.
    Palace of Mirrors has to be one of my favorite albums in a while.
    The ex-drummer for Estradasphere now plays in a great metal band called Tholus. Drum chops for days.

6. godspeed68

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Dave Murray is sick!!!!

He's got some of the best footwork I've heard since...mmm...Dennis Chambers maybe???

I haven't heard the Tholus project yet, but he did some fantasy-metal stuff a few years back that was awesome. Maybe under the same title?

The third song off of Palace of Mirrors was my shower music for about two or three weeks out of last month.

Haven't had the chance to see them live :rolleyes:

Where did you see them?

anyway,

tom

7. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Dave Murray is amazing on Tholus. It's a great album, as long as you like technical death metal (hints of Cynic in there).
    I got to see them (Estradasphere) at the Earl in Atlanta.
    Got to see Sleepytime Gorilla Museum a couple of weeks after that at the Earl...Got me a bit spoiled :D

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021