Eternal Sunshine....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankBass, Mar 19, 2004.

1. I screened it tonight with some co-workers (I work at a theatre). Awesome movie, its a new favorite, and trust me, I have really friggin high standards on movies.

After reading this message you will go see it, then discuss it.

2. *looks at ground* yes sir.
  3. i plan on seeing it, how is the direction, editing, cinematography, production, sets, customes, etc.
  4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Michel Gondry is my favorite director, though he's mostly done music videos. Everyone should get the Palm Pictures director DVD's of Michel Gondry's videos. He did:

White Stripes-Fell in Love with a Girl (Legos done all by hand!)
    Kylie Minogue-Come in to my world (4 Kylies?!?!)
    Chemical Brothers-Star Guitar (my fave video of all time)
    and a bunch of Bjork videos.

His video work is incredible creative and fun and I'm extremely excited to see Eternal Sunshine!
  5. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    I really liked it.
  6. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    I really really really loved this movie. I liked Being John Malkovich, I despised Adaptation, but this movie is great. It is extremely touching in an extremely sincere way. I loved Jim Carry's Character, I loved Kate Winslet's Character (she looks so hot as a punk-ish girl), but more than either of them alone, I loved thier relationship. I could really relate to Jim Carry's character, being both a wall flower and hopeless romantic, I totally identified with the line "Why is it I automatically fall in love with every woman that shows me the tiniest bit of attention."

Five Thousand Thumbs up, I'm going to purchase the DVD.
  7. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    David Cross's supporting character cracks me up, the pothead friend. Anyone else catch the little spat towards the end with the car filled with sand? "You're driving stoned AND drunk!" "Yeah, but the pot balances it out."
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey spanky,

Have you screened the latest Coen brothers' movie, The Ladykillers? I love the Coen brothers and I'm looking forward to that one.

brad cook
  9. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    Yeah he was great. "I'm building a bird house!" That line is just so random I nearly peed my pants
  10. That does look good, I will probably see that tomarrow night with some co-workers.
  11. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The Truman Show gave me some real respect for Carry. I expect he delivers more than his usual in this one, as well. Will see it soon!

12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

We watched the Truman Show in English this year... Took us three weeks.

I don't think most people realize all the symbolism that is in that movie... Just the little stuff in it, like there is a sign in the backround when he runs into the twins that says "Kaizer Free-Range Chicken!" or something like that. You can write a whole paper on that little bit alone.

I saw Eternal Sunshine last night with my gal... What I saw was really well written and acted out. I enjoyed it. I'd definitly reccomend it to anyone who doesn't want the typical "OMG blood guts and sex and the f word!" type movie.
  13. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Saw it a couple nights ago. I thought it was great. Like AtlIII, I totally saw myself in Carey's character early in the movie (it was kinda depressing actually). Great movie. Go see it.
  14. dude mike, you've been having a lot of serious posts lately. did you finish puberty or something?
  15. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Um... Well, in beavis and buttheadesque terms... "I've become a man."

You can take that anyway you want to.
  16. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Saw it yesterday.

It's a good romantic film that doesn't feel like a romantic film.

I highly reccommend seeing it.

My roommate saw Dawn of the Dead, apparently that's really good too. For those who like the blood guts and f word genre.
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Just saw it tonight.

Absolutely amazing.

Quite possibly the best thing since bill and ted's excellent adventure
  18. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR

"Two beers please... (whispers) awesome, he didn't card us!"

(I am sure that is wrong, but damn that was a funny bit.
  19. nikofthehill

Jul 30, 2001
    san jose, CA
    I agree... this movie was awesome. It reminded us not to take the little things in life for granted. The cinematography and editing were awesome; they really made the movie.
    whats scary is that the scifi aspect of the movie is coming true. Doctors are able to chemically modify people's memories, supposedly to reduce the impact of stressful memories in people with post traumatic stress disorder. It's not memory removal, it just prevents the brain from revisiting emotionally charged memories. See the current NY times magazine for more info, its actually very interesting.
  20. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    someone pleez correct me, and prove to me that the script doesnt hint at Joel maybe having the procedure done *twice* to him... :meh: that last ending scene of them running off on the beach, looped three times, as if to say, they'll meet again on the beach. just begs something to me. or that Clem's hair could be a clue as to the number of procedures. or that i coulda sworn that i saw Joel with those black dots on his temples when he was in his car drying or in the hallway, when he met his neighbor.

then again, i'm (as always) looking waaay too far than i should. :meh:

but i loved the movie, and especially, all the little things that made up the movie.

like how all the background in Joel's memories are fuzzy, or Joel as a kid wearing a cape for no apparent reason, or how the books and magazines all started to slowly turn to white pages as Joel's memory of the event is being slowly being erased.

and yea, David Cross stole every scene he was in. :D