Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

!!!ETINU SIETFEL

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tallboybass, Feb 28, 2003.

1. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    It's time to stir up the lefties out there again. How do you cope with the lack of choice in basses? I've got a collection of lefties that wouldn't be my first choice if I had a complete selection of instruments, but they're all I can find. I'd really like a MusicMan but the money $ituation is lean right now. The best bass I've got is a Jazz made from Warmoth parts. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

2. With Carvin, you can buy any bass, and they will...

- Make it a 5 string

- Make it a 6 string

- Make it left handed

..for free. ;)

So with Carvin, it's just a matter of choosing what bass you want, and not worrying about a left handed model.

Same goes with Sadowsky. It's not free though...err it could be, I dunno. Then again, it is Sadowsky..anything is possible. :D

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I hear ya brother! We lefties ain't gonna take this crap no more! :mad:

BTW, I'm a leftie who plays rightie, but I DO feel yer pain! :p

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ARE WE TALKING ABOUT LEFTIES OR DYSLEXICS HERE???

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
  6. I took the easy way out. I'm a lefty playing righty, the only down fall i've encountered is I have trouble developing slap chops with my non-dominant hand but my fretting hand is awful quick.

7. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    Yup...I'm also a darn lefty playing righty. Left hand dexterity is awesome, and my right hand is getting strong too.

I'm glad I took up the instrument the way I did. Anyway. Sleep. :oops:

8. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I was in a motorcycle accident 3 years ago and lost the pinkie finger on my left hand. This was the first time I was GLAD I played lefthanded!

I do have a Carvin 5-string that's about ten years old. It's a great bass but the strings are way too close together to slap and almost too close to play fingerstyle. Their quality is great though.

Thanks for the replies, Alan

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    :eek:

on topic - warwick doesn't charge for lefty but you have to special order it.