1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Etone speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass4lyf, May 10, 2010.

1. Bass4lyf

Bass4lyf

Nov 1, 2008
    Sydney
    Ive been building a 210 cabinet and Im now looking for speakers to put in, I dont want to fork out alot either. Anyone had any experience with etone speakers? I mean the new etone speakers, not the old stuff which was apparently really good in the day. This speaker in particular- http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-ETONE-10...=ViewItem&pt=AU_Pro_Audio&hash=item5885409980

Would this speaker be any good? I do own the 15inch version of this ( a pair) but that is used in a pair of subs for my diy pa system, in my opinion they sound alright as they are but when they are used as a bass cab, they dont sound the best. But they apparently arent made for a bass guitar, just pa, whereas these 10's claim to be used for pa and bass guitar. Anyone know of a really good cheap speaker for a 210 cab? ive heard madison speakers are cheap and really good, but I literally cannot find any for sale on the net.

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Since they don't give any Xmax figure for the speaker, I wouldn't attempt to try it for bass.

I realize you have limited choices in Australia, but there are probably better ones than this.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    And really, it's a better idea to find the speakers *first*, and then design the box around them. It may be difficult doing it the other way 'round, but good luck to you.

4. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    Also if Fo is the same as Fs, with a qts of 0.23 you'll need to tune the box to around 118 hz. Not really optimum for a decent bass guitar cab. It looks like just another driver that doesn't totally suck in a really dinky box.

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    +1. Those specs are totally unsuited to electric bass.

6. Bass4lyf

Bass4lyf

Nov 1, 2008
    Sydney
    yea I understand this but I just wanted to put together a quick cab using left over plywood, I made the dimensions very similar toa markbass traveler, and made a few changes so that it would sit nicely ontop of my 410 cab.

Sweet, thanks for the help!

7. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Sure, you can go ahead with the project, but it's not going to be decent for bass. Why waste the effort?