Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ETS Bridges

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Theshortlist_to, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Theshortlist_to

Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    Nice Bridges, there has been a bit of speculation over them but i can assure you when work is started its quick and my bridge will be on its way to Robbie (McDade) tomorrow.

The language barrier doesnt effect communication between both parties as Achim speaks good english.

The bridge i ordered was the MkIII curved edge bridge in black laquer with a custom tailpiece.

The laquer will have hopefully been applied today.

here's some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Zetora

Zetora

Aug 16, 2004
    England
    Whoa nice bridge, I should hopefully be recieving mine from them this week, thoguh mines an angular one instead of rounded, and I didn't know it was that cheap to get a custom tailpeice but there we go, its done and dusted now. (6 string btw) Also the language barrier didn't effect anythign at all with me, Achim indeed does speak good English.

Hope you enjoy yours.

Zet.

3. hmmm, saddles look kind of rough, what gives?

4. Theshortlist_to

Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    you mean the string grooves?

5. Zetora

Zetora

Aug 16, 2004
    England
    I would presume so and I can see what he means if so, they do look slightly ify.

Zet.

6. Theshortlist_to

Theshortlist_to

Apr 20, 2005
    They probably could do with a filling down, i presume they leave them like that so you can do it yourself, like leo quan.

7. Luke Sheridan

Luke Sheridan Commercial User

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I build guitars and sell them. Strings, too
    I can also say that the ETS stuff is very, very nice. Achim was a pleasure to deal with and kept close contact every step of the way. Lead time was about 5 weeks, so I'd plan early if you want them. The price was comparable to anything you can get in the US. The quality is excellent.
    [​IMG]

They will go on my next two builds. Redwood burl top!!!
    [​IMG]

8. Zetora

Zetora

Aug 16, 2004
    England
    Wow that is some beautiful burl, a true beaut.

Zet.

9. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Formerly the owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    I sent them a couple of emails and never got a response. Do they have an American distributor?

10. Luke Sheridan

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    try emailing again. I had no probs

11. Yeah, I emailed them and at first got no response. Tried a week later and they responded the same day ...they must have been having problems or something. Their stuff looked really nice, price list was in euros, but when exchanged they were about the same as what you get as OEM from hipshot. Luke, how much extra did it cost to engrave your logo? If you don't feel comfortable talking money, I'd settle for percentage :) .

12. Achim always responds to me within a day, if not a few hours.

13. Luke Sheridan

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    You'd probably have to talk to Achim on that. Try and plan out your questions in advance as the time difference made it a bit awkward going back and forth. I usually got emails back at 6am est. Which was probably at the end of his day.

14. Luke Sheridan

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Oh yeah, I'd say in terms of percentage, not too much.

15. Zetora

Zetora

Aug 16, 2004
    England
    Hello

Just another example of their work at ETS;

My Space

Recieved this morning, its at the end of my photo album, not many pictures sorry but I like the bridge, its very nice, though not quite a "clean cut" as I expected but thats not much, its not like I'll be rubbing my finger down the saddle tracks now is it.

It was good dealing with Achem, very helpful and informative, but yeah asking what questions you have all at once so he has chance to reply and you dont have to bounce the emails back and forth for a week.

Just though it may be of use to those who are considering one, also I wanted to post about it somewhere :)

Zetora

16. tiefling

tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
    they also make the bridges and hardware for Ritter I believe...