1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ETS hardware

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by RIM Basses, Nov 3, 2006.

1. RIM Basses

RIM Basses Custom Basses from the UK

Aug 6, 2006
    Luton Town
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone had difficulty buying ETS hardware as Im trying to place an order with them and they seem to be very busy, I'll have to email them again.

Cheers,

Robbie.

2. Basschair

Basschair .............. Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Hi Robbie,

I think this thread expressed similar issues, though I do believe it was resolved. They may simmply go through very busy periods...good luck with it, as their stuff seems really nice.

3. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    I just got an e-mail ack from Norbert and crew, took them about 10 days to get back to me. Shoot an e-mail to info@etshardware.com They will get back to you.

4. Greenman

Greenman

Dec 17, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Recieved my transmission in less than two weeks.

5. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    I had a custom request for them. After about a week they said "no problem, we can do that".

Then I asked about pricing and time frame, etc.... nothing.

I asked again...maybe a week or two later I got their standard OEM price list. Of course, what I needed is not on that list. I gave up on them. Either they need to get it right or they need to respond in under a week.

This was all via email. Phone response might be better or worse AFAIK.

6. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    My only problem when dealing with ETS is the language barrier. Achim is wonderful to work with, and he seems to have a strong grasp of the English language. However, Norbert seems to use online translators, and it's very problematic.

It is especially painful because I have even been addressing my emails to Achim, but lately only Norbert has been replying. Even Achim's personal ETS email address autoforwards to the info@ email.

7. Greenman

Greenman

Dec 17, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    I believe everyone agrees they have good products, but. I've heard conflicting comments about their customer communications. I've only delt with them once so I have no history. Maybe an upgrade on the front of their business would be in order. :meh:

8. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    I've never really had trouble with them not contacting me, but I do think that Norbert needs to leave the communications to Achim. That is, unless I'm ignorant of the fact that Achim is no longer with ETS, or some other such fact.

9. I think they are getting ready for namm, or some European trade show right now. I have to say their stuff is AMAYZINGly good quality though:bassist:

10. I experienced the same thing recently. Norbert stated they are really busy. But, as others have already mentioned, be patient as they will get back to you.

11. RIM Basses

RIM Basses Custom Basses from the UK

Aug 6, 2006
    Luton Town
    My order is now in motion, ordered thru Enrico at www.woodandtronics.com

Should be with me in the next week or so.

Also Achim no longer works for ETS, Norbert told me in a past email.Lets hope things get better at ETS as I love there gear!

Robbie.

12. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Bah! I may have to order through them as well. I've got some ideas floating around in my head for a bridge, but it's a real pain to discuss these with Norbert. He's a great guy, but he needs to find some English speaking help now that Achim is gone. Those online translators just don't work.