1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ets headless bridges... anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by instigata, Mar 21, 2006.

1. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    has anyone used these on their bass or had experience with em/copuld compare them with steinberger stuff.

2. I suggest getting individual ABM headless tuners for your project:
    http://www.allparts.com/categories.php?cat_id=439&cat_name=4-STRING & SINGLE STRING
    (Scroll down to BB_3501-003, ABM Single String Bass Bridge with attached tuner, Black.)

I have them on my Status Graphite 6 fretless headless and they are massively stable and reliable.

http://www.abm-mueller.de/

I would avoid ordering anything "custom" from ABM, UNLESS you have a year to wait. Also, make sure that you have someone competent doing the ordering and managing the transaction since they are overseas.

I have a ton of experience with these kinds of hybrid instruments. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help via e-mail at jay@grasstain.com. ;)

3. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    I haven't, but their standard bridges are quality!

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I don't mean to derail the thread but...

I ran across a headstock string retainer on E-bay which appears to fit existing tuning gear holes and incorporates a thumbscrew "vise" to secure the string. Needless to say, each clamp accommodates a single string. Just add a tuning bridge of some type and you're ready to go! Does anybody know who manufactures the aforementioned headstock clamps?

Riis

5. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Got a link?

??

6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
  7. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    those are the ones i'm thinking of ordering, along with a status graphite neck. good to hear ya like em.