1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Etude" Books

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by FoxClarke, Feb 28, 2008.

1. FoxClarke

FoxClarke

Feb 28, 2008
    Canada
    Howdy ladies and gents!

I am a professional saxophone player who plays bass guitar as his #2 instrument. I studied classical saxophone at Mount Allison university in Canada but am now aiming to get my bass guitar skills up to a higher standard. When I studied saxophone, I had all of these etude books and extended technique books for saxophone written by guys like Larry Teal and Eugene Rousseau.

I would say that I am a pretty good bassist. You put a score in front of me and I will play it without much trouble. My improv skills need a little more work however. I have the discipline to practice hard, believe me. I just need somebody to steer me to a book with some great daily exercises for technique so that I can really rip it up and start to master the instrument!

Thanks folks!

Evan Fox Clarke

2. onlyclave

onlyclave

Oct 28, 2005
    Seattle
    How about The Charlie Parker Omnibook in bass clef? I've been playing out of it for years and still find new stuff in it.

I like the Berklee Press books too, Chord Studies for Electric Bass and Reading Contemporary Electric Bass.

3. jholanda

jholanda

Jan 21, 2008